Union Weekly Staff Update
Volume 36- May 8, 2016
A Message from Jen
- Happy Mothers' Day to all of the moms out there! Hope you had a great day with family!
- Congrats to Laken (and any other runners I didn't know about) who completed the Mini Marathon on Saturday!
- I hope you had a wonderful Staff Appreciation Week and felt totally spoiled. We have a wonderful PTO, so if you have the opportunity, please jot them a quick note of thanks.
- It is Relay for Life Spirit Week! Lynne and team have worked hard to prepare for a successful week. Each of the spirit days is included in the calendar below. You are welcome to dress more casually as you participate in the spirit days!
- On Tuesday morning, we will have our last staff meeting of the year. We will meet in the cafeteria and breakfast will be provided, so come hungry! Dr. Robison will be in attendance as we review our Insight X Survey data, We will also talk about celebrations from the year, standards based reporting, and plans for the upcoming year.
- Look for an email this week about our schedule for class placement meetings. Also, in response to the suggestion of the Literacy PLC, I will send out an email about cross-grade level meetings to support vertical articulation and planning for next year.
- On Monday, I will have 2 fourth grade girls with me throughout the day for Principal for a Day. I am going to take advantage of having two helpers and will be knocking out some tasks, including working on an appreciation video for our PTO volunteers. On recess at Monday, you may see us out recording students. We might even ask you to say a few words too!
Have a great week!
Union Elementary Staff Update Calendar- Week of May 8, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
Relay for Life Spirit Week-Wear Purple
Principal for a Day
8:00- ACR in Conference Room- Meyer, Off, Ioannacci, Lockhart
9:30- Third Grade Launch on Soccer Field
5:30-First Grade Young Authors at Barnes and Noble Carmel- Steward
6:00- Board of Trustees Meeting at ESC. This meeting will honor retirees and TOYs.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Relay for Life Spirit Week-Wear Mismatched Clothes Day
8:00- Staff Meeting in Cafeteria
11:30- Peer Pizza Party in Shelter
1:00- Third Grade Math Fact Celebration Gym/Outside (Weather Permitting)
5:30- First Grade Young Authors at Barnes and Noble Carmel-Boggs
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Relay for Life Spirit Week-Hat Day
8:00- Running Club Breakfast in Cafeteria
9:15- PTO Exec Board Meeting in Conference Room
5:30- First Grade Young Authors at Barnes and Noble Carmel- Smith
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Relay for Life Spirit Week-Sports Jersey Day
4 Grade BYOD Mini Camp-
9:15 – Tisch
10:15 – Zucker
11:15 – Smith
1:40 – Magoni
2:30 - Ruthsatz
9:15- Third Grade Launch on Soccer Field
5:30-First Grade Young Authors at Barnes and Noble Carmel- Michener
Friday, May 13, 2016
Nurses Day Chickfila Lunch and Celebration
Book Fair Teacher Preview
Bus Evacuations in AM- If you are available to come out and supervise/ assist at 8:50, any help would be greatly appreciated!
8:00- Preschool Reeval- Perman, Andrus, Raycroft, Swenson, Lockhart, Van Curen, VandenBerg, Stewart
8:00- 504 Meeting- Ioannacci, Smith
9:15- PTO General Meeting and Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast in Project Room
9:15- 4 Grade Visit to ZMS
12:00- Preschool Reeval- Perman, Andrus, Raycroft, Swenson, Lockhart, Van Curen, VandenBerg
2:00- Underground Railroad Speaker in Purple Pod
3:30- Relay for Life Movie Night in Cafeteria
5:30-First Grade Young Authors at Barnes and Noble Carmel- Kurtz
Sunday, May 15, 2016
4:00- Dads Club Golf Outing at Zionsville Golf Course
The happiest of birthdays to the following STARS who will be celebrating another year during the month of May
Angie Michener, May 3
Kathy Beanblosson, May 10
Brittany McFarland, May 12
Julia Giltner, May 22
Megan Magoni, May 27