September Elementary Math Update
Math Lead and Math Facilitator Communication
Cycle 1 3-5 Assessment Info Cycle 2 Tests will be posted by 9/30
Beacon Interim Math 3 Cycle 1 2015-2016 3 619098 GE6VU7GU2
Beacon Interim Math 4 Cycle 1 2015-2016 4 619103 WE8PE4K
Beacon Interim Math 5 Cycle 1 2015-2016 5 619107 MU6WU2K
First In Math Takes Off in CMS Elementary Schools!
Check out the leader board for each learning community!
East: Reedy Creek Elementary
N East: University Meadows Elementary
North: Hornet's Nest Elementary
South: Pinewood Elementary
West: River Oaks Elementary/ Berryhill Academy(middle school included)
#1 School in the District for FIM: Cotswold Elementary
- 108,000 questions answered by students
- an average of 269 stickers per enrolled students
- more than 300 hours of math
Way to go Cotswold! Watch out... I am sure others are not far behind.
Math Facilitator Meeting September 29th 8:30-12:30
- General Meeting
- Breakout Sessions
- Return to buildings
Achieve the Core: New Resources Just Added
Using Literacy Strategies to Improve Mathematics
Top 5 AMC Issues Addressed
- login to your admin account
- select the data tab
- select the "teacher icon" (the red-headed female icon)
- select the teacher name (you may need to search if your staff is large)
- click the "pencil" icon beside the teacher's name
- click "view" beside password and share this info with the teacher
- Please refrain from changing teacher passwords as the building admin
Access for Schools below 80%
- If you have teachers who want to use AMC please allow them to login. We were able to secure extra slots for the high demand and are happy to accommodate any teacher interested in assessing.
We are happy to train your staff but you need to contact us and schedule.
- During 90min planning (most ideal, real time assessing of live children)
- During 45min planning (less ideal, involves watching video of assessments and practicing afterwards)
- After school training (more ideal for teachers who know how to assess and read reports but need help selecting activities)
Process for Ordering AMC Materials:
- Email Kaneka or Gabe with your materials need
- Provide information about the school plan for training teachers in use of materials
- Materials will be shipped to your school from the warehouse
How do we order Investigations Materials?
Manipulatives like base 10 blocks, coins, stamps, pattern blocks, snap cubes... and such are the product of old NC manipulative kits and are over 9 years old. Schools in need of more math materials like these can contact Ryan Dougherty with ETA hand2mind at: