Bulldog Digital Academy Updates
December 11, 2020
Please Call the BDA At:
While we are working from home on Fridays, we will be emailing to check on any non-reported absences.
BDA Spirit Week
Second Semester Decision Time!!!!!
Ok families, it is time to make a decision for second semester. Of course, I want you all to stay in the BDA, but we all know that this is a decision that you have to make with your family on what is best for you and your family.
Mrs Reisland sent out an email to all of you explaining the process and how it will work with a link to fill out if you want to LEAVE the BDA. This link only needs filled out if you are planning to LEAVE the BDA for the remainder of the school year.
Things to think about:
If you leave the BDA;
You will have new teachers, you will be on the hybrid model when you do return to in person learning - some days in person, some days online, and you will have new classmates
If you stay in the BDA;
Teachers will stay the same, classmates will stay the same, schedule will stay the same - (as long as we don't lose too many students, which I do not see happening)
**Please consider your options before filling out the form below. If you do choose to leave the BDA, please fill it out for each child you have enrolled in the BDA.
We greatly appreciate all of your support throughout this school year, and we hope to keep working together for the rest of this school year and years to come :-)
**DEADLINE -- Must be done by Tuesday, December 15th**
Here is the link in case you missed it: https://forms.gle/ixcQBmFnK1MeMMMc9
We Are A Team - Is Your Child Trying Their Best?
Asynchronous Wednesday does not mean it is a "free day". This is a day to catch up on work that needs completed, complete work that you have fallen behind on, meet with teachers to ask questions or get clarification, work in small groups for extra help or enrichment, work one on one with your teacher or tutor, etc. Your attendance is still mandatory for any group you are assigned to, and for any work that is posted in your Google Classrooms from your teachers. Please make sure that you are attending your groups and completing your work. If you have any questions about this, PLEASE reach out to your child's teacher.
If you have questions still about your child's teacher's office hours, small group times, etc, please reach out to your child's teacher with the emails listed below in this newsletter. We are here to assist you and help to make your child successful, we are a TEAM :-)
Mrs. Morris's Reflections
- Please note that after office hours, teachers may not be able to respond until the next business day. I encourage my teachers to make time for their own families while also being responsive to our parents. Please give them 24 hours to respond. We appreciate all of you!
- If you would like to join the BDA remind group, please text 81010 @ghcsbda
- Please make sure that your child is completing their work. I know it is tempting to jump in and help them, but we need them to do the work. We need this to be as much like school as possible, and we need the students interacting and doing their work. Please also know that if you need to assist your child logging on and or navigating to a particular place, we appreciate that, but we can not have you logged on in the classroom as well all day. We can only allow our students to be logged into the zoom call. There are many reasons for this, and we appreciate your support and understanding on this matter.
- Make sure you are using the computer for the appropriate use. They are for attending class and completing school work. Teachers are reporting that some students are on all kinds of websites, chatting with each other, playing around on their camera, so please talk to your child about appropriate use and internet safety. Most of this is occuring in the afternoon.
- When on zoom with your teachers and classmates in class, it is to be treated as if you were at school physically together. Appropriate language both verbally and in the chat is mandatory. Poor language and inappropriate actions will result in disciplinary action and being removed from the lesson.
- If your child is going to be absent, leave early, or come late - please call 216-475-8105 ext 53036 and let us know so we can mark the attendance correctly. If we are on the other line, please leave a message, and we will check it regularly. Please do not call the student's home school, please call the mentioned number and extension.
- Best way to reach our teachers is through their email, and they are all listed below. It is wonderful to have Google Classroom, Google phone numbers, Remind, etc, but teachers are requesting that you contact them through their email. This is the easiest and quickest way for them to track their messages, responses, and give help where they can. We do not want to miss any of your questions or concerns, so please email the teachers. We are here to assist however we can. Please note that the teacher should also be the first contact as they will usually have the right answer before we will.
- Best way to reach me is also through my email. I am able to answer those the quickest whether I am on the phone or in a meeting.
December 14-------------------------BDA Spirit Week Begins (See Picture Above)
December 16-------------------------Asynchronous Wednesday (no live classes)
December 23-31 -------------------Winter Break
January 1------------------------------Winter Break Continues
January 18----------------------------Martin Luther King, Jr Day - No School
January 22----------------------------End of 2nd Quarter
January 29----------------------------Professional Day - No School for Students
Bulldogs Digital Academy Staff
Melissa Irvine email@example.com
Alyssa Reichard firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Flood email@example.com
Amy Halusker firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Corporan email@example.com
Ashley McWilliams firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Molnar email@example.com
Christina Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Krystal Parnin email@example.com
Leigh Ann Pustai firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA)Marcie O’Hanlon email@example.com
(Math) Jamie Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Lori Frank email@example.com
(S.Studies) Carrie Spelich firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Martha Hach email@example.com
(Math) Debby Hrin firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Lisa Mullins email@example.com
(S.Studies) Melissa Herman firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Katie Skocdopole email@example.com
(Math) Nick Lawrinson firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Jon Mockbee email@example.com
(S.Studies) Jill Cooke firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Nicole Thomas email@example.com
(Math) Carla Brayer firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Victoria Tomasheski email@example.com
(S.Studies) Benjamin Harreld firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Dave Schillero email@example.com
(Math) Keith Kneisel firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Bethany Guzoski email@example.com
(S.Studies) Alyssa Maki firstname.lastname@example.org
(K-5 Maple Leaf) Annie Jennings email@example.com
(K-5 William Foster) Nora Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org
(K-5 Elmwood) Amy Pullen email@example.com
(6th Grade) Lana Mastroianni firstname.lastname@example.org
(7th Grade) Nicole Ramos email@example.com
(8th Grade) Molly Dise firstname.lastname@example.org
(Technology) Shannon Bailor email@example.com
(Librarian/Story Time) Kelly Rose firstname.lastname@example.org
(Academic Support) Carolyn Angello email@example.com
(Guidance Counselor) Michael Banyasz firstname.lastname@example.org
(Support/Secretary) Connie Kingsmill email@example.com
(Administrator) Brynn Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to see a little bit about each staff member:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQxuFmyHYW4g8OcoUPxi4Y4jbgmIZjtG_9UnokMbTg9RHQnVLB_NgNLCW7k9fBu8otC597QO4LvcPCE/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=15000&fbclid=IwAR1RpU8bUvURuvn94vm7ozEVUsNYFm7Q9Rm0y_caVCUxUdP0qCtb4mKqvLU&slide=id.p
Things to Know...
2. We will be using the Remind app to get in touch with you throughout the day and also to deliver much needed information directly to your phone. Please make sure to sign up for this by texting 81010 @ ghcsbda
Troubles With Your Chromebook
**If you are having technical issues, please contact your child's teacher first. If they are unable to fix the problem, please complete the tech ticket below so our technology department can look into the issue to assist.**
Create a ticket:
Here is the link to the website: https://apps.learn21.org/GarfieldHeightsOH/one2one/Kiosk#MatchAssignment
Meal Service for Our Students
We are excited to offer meal service to our students during virtual learning. We want to make meals accessible to you.
There will be 2 options available:
-- "Grab & Go" curbside meal service, where families can drive to a designated school and pick up meals for their student(s) daily OR
-- "Direct to you Delivery Service," where we will deliver 1 day's worth of food (breakfast & lunch) directly to your house for each student.
Please note: Some students may not be eligible for Delivery Service if they live very close to a school.
Please complete this survey to help us create a plan that best serves you & your family!
Extra Support/Services Needed???
- Counseling services
- Mental health services
- Education and prevention services
- Consultation services
- Home visits and support
- Anger management
- Many other services and supports
Please contact Mrs. Gina Wilson, Family and Civic Engagement Coordinator