The Cardinal Connection
Week of April 19th
At J.O. Wilson Elementary School, we are SOARing to success every day in every way by creating an environment in which joy, pride, positive interactions, and growth mindsets lead students to comfort in taking risks, self-advocating, and facing adversity.
Apr. 19th-Apr. 22nd: PARCC SPIRIT WEEK
Apr. 21st: Auction Planning Meeting @6PM (see below for the link to join)
Apr. 23rd: JOW New Families Play Date and Enrollment Saturday Event
Apr. 28th: Family Game Night 5 PM-6:30 PM
May 10th: PTA General Body Meeting
May 13th: J.O. Cardinal Auction Fundraiser
May 20th: The Cardinal Drama Players Presents..."Disney's Aladdin Jr." @7PM
May 21st: The Cardinal Drama Players Presents..."Disney's Aladdin Jr." @1PM and 5 PM
Kiss and Go Lane Reminders (Morning Drop-Off)
To keep the lane open for Kiss and Go, parking is prohibited in the orange cones on K during morning drop-off.
- Plan ahead. Encourage your children to gather their belongings in the car before arriving in the Kiss and Go lane.
- Proceed as far as you can in the coned-off section in front of the school on K Street
- Remain in your vehicle. A Kiss & Go staff person will open the car door & help your child exit the car.
- Exit the Kiss & Go lane with care. Please pay attention to the flow of traffic on K Street before exiting the coned section.
Kiss & Go Donts
- Do not drop off students in the middle of K Street in front of the school. Remember, PEASE no double parking at any time.
- Do not allow students to exit the car on the driver's side of the vehicle in the Kiss and Go lane.
- Do not drop off PreK3 and PreK4 students at Kiss & Go. PreK3 and PreK4 students use separate entrances and have to be walked to the door by an adult.
HAS YOUR CARDINAL ENROLLED YET?
Enrollment Saturday and New Family Playdate – Saturday, April 23rd from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Bring your enrollment documents and join the Cardinals for an in-person enrollment event. Please feel free to call Ms. Stephenson at 202-698-4733 or email her at email@example.com with any questions related to the enrollment process.
The PTA will also be hosting a family playdate on the playground from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Meet current and newly matched families and take a guided tour of the building. Hope to see you there!
FAMILY GAME NIGHT
This annual event returns in-person on Thursday, April 28th, from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. outdoors on the blacktop. Games, puzzles, snacks, prizes, and SO MUCH FUN! Volunteers are needed from 6:00-7:00 to help oversee gameplay, sell concessions, and help with breakdown. Please sign-up here.
Auction Planning Meeting ...Thursday, April 21, at 6:00 PM. All are welcome!
Our next auction planning meeting will be Thursday, April 21, at 6:00 PM. All are welcome!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 861 4709 7368
One tap mobile +13017158592,,86147097368#,,,,*422104# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Cardinal Auction Night is Friday, May 13th!
Early bird tickets are now available for purchase online at https://www.32auctions.com/JOWCAN22!
This is the biggest fundraiser of the year, and we need your help to make it a success! Assist the planning committee with soliciting donations and sponsorships from local businesses, updating information for the website, party planning, and decor. We will also need on-site volunteers the evening of Friday, May 13, to help the event run smoothly. Please reach out to the PTA (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get involved.
Each year, general elections are held for PTA Board positions, LSAT parent representatives and W6PSPO parent representatives. The election will be held at the Tuesday, May 10th General Body Meeting. If you are interested in running for a position or nominating someone, please fill out this form - https://forms.gle/zLDxuEygwn7YL38t6
Here at J.O. Wilson, we strive for excellence and what better way than to become involved today!
The PTA is a team effort and we need YOU!
Extended Office Hours To Support Enrollment
Extended Office Hours To Support Enrollment:
During enrollment season, Ms. Stepehnson will have extended office hours to help support families get enrolled for the upcoming school year. Every Monday- Thursday until May 1st Ms. Stephenson will keep the office open until 7 PM to support families with enrollment. Please call Ms. Stephenson at 202-698-4733 or email her at email@example.com with any questions as it relates.
- All students enrolled by April 23rd will be entered in a drawing for an opportunity to win a bike, a scooter, 5 tickets to a Nats game, movie passes, board games, over-the-door basketball hoops, and more.
- To assist in hitting our enrollment marks we have INCENTIVIZED enrollment by five grade bands: PK3-PK4, K-2nd, 3rd-4th, and SPED self-contained classes.
- The first class by grade band to reach 90% of all students enrolled will win an ICE CREAM party and PIZZA PARTY here at JOW and that teacher will win an additional GOLDEN GOOSE AWARD.