Chisholm Summer Adventures
Week 7: Music/Art
PK-5 Math and Art Activities
Mathematics and art intersect in our world in beautiful ways. Many mathematicians draw upon art and many artists draw upon mathematics. When mathematics and art come together, students are often inspired and they can start to see mathematics as a beautiful and creative subject.
PK-5 Tear Art
Using torn pieces of paper, create a visual representation of your community or basic landforms (such as mountains).
PK-5 Better Kids
5 Art Activities for Social Emotional Learning
3-5 Trash to Treasure
In the month of July, Chisholm Chargers have answered 4,288 IXL questions!
PK-2 Digital Citizenship
Watch the video about Digital Citizens who take a pledge to "travel" the internet safely! Discuss the following questions with an adult at home:
1. The Digital Citizens pledge to travel safely on the internet. What was one thing you learned from the Digital Citizens?
2. Why is it a good idea to set a time limit when using technology?
3. Why shouldn't you share your username and password with other people?
3-5 Digital Citizenship
Watch the video about cyberbullying and discuss the following questions with an adult at home:
1. What is cyberbullying?
2. What are some things you can do if you see cyberbullying?
3. Bullying and cyberbullying are both unacceptable, but what makes cyberbullying different?
*from Common Sense Media
Free Summer Meals
| || |
Chisholm News and Notes
Send photos of you and/or your siblings working on your Chisholm Summer Adventures to email@example.com. You may see yourself published in next week's learning adventure newsletter.