February 28, 2019
January Characters of the Month
This student shows INTEGRITY by never giving up.
Keeps trying on class work, even when it is tough
Doesn’t rush through work just to be done with it
Goes back willingly to fix mistakes and make his/her work its best
Keeps trying to find an answer or solve a problem, even when the first answer was wrong or when the first way didn’t work
Kindergarten- Callie Synovetz, Connor Schofield, Derrick Friscone
1st Grade- Nicholas Klimchuk, Aife Balogh, Evelyn Panigutti
2nd Grade- Lucas Cleavenger, Jake Eberwein, Josh Zimlich
3rd Grade- Grace Anderson, Ava Caraballo, Claire Bodo
4th Grade- Sadie Harris, Anthony Demagall, Makayla Newton
3/7- Early Release 12:00
3/8- No School
3/10- Daylight Savings Time- Turn clocks ahead
3/13- Family Night- No after school activities
3/16- Columbia Vendor Fair 9:00-3:00
3/19- Future Chef for 2nd-4th Grade 4:00-6:00
3/21- Marco's Pizza Night
3/22- End of 3rd Grading Period
PTA Family Movie Night 5:30-8:30
3/25- Family Literacy Night at Arena 51 5:00-8:30
3/1- Dr. Seuss Day
3/4- Wear a Video Game Shirt or your favorite Shirt Day
3/5- Mardi Gras- Wear Green, Purple, and Gold
3/11- Boys wear Blue and Girls wear Pink Day
3/18- St. Patrick's Day is coming- Wear Green
3/20- Earth Day- Wear your Earth tone colors or camouflage
3/25- Pajama Day
3/26- Cavs Vs Celtics- Wear your Cavs Gear
4/1- Indians Home Opener- Wear your Indians Gear
3rd Annual Family Literacy Night
Family Literacy Night! This carnival/circus themed night will be held at Arena 51 Laser Tag on Monday, March 25 from 6-8 PM. This event is open to all Columbia students and families in Grades Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Look for the RSVP slips to come home soon!
Dress Like A Teacher or Student Day
Mr. Hershey’s Cures for Cabin Fever
Can’t get your kids off the couch? Suffering from cabin fever? Here are some ideas to get your little couch potatoes up and moving while having fun - maybe you can join them and spend some quality time together!
* Build things with Legos, Tinker Toys, or create something using items around the house.
* Make a Laser maze using crepe paper.
* Use cardboard boxes, blankets and furniture to make forts or houses and decorate them.
* Use plastic/paper cups and balled up socks to create a bowling alley down the hallway.
* Use an old stuffed animal to play a game of soccer or baseball.
* Make paper airplanes and color them.
* Design and build a board game.
* Make a tic-tac-toe board on the floor and use bean bags, socks, or stuffed animals.
* Have an inside scavenger hunt.
* Make a library where kids can check out books or a store where they can work and shop.
* Create a variety/game show or a skit/play.
* Cook or bake something together, make a cooking video to show grandma and grandpa.
* Create an art gallery and hang the kid’s pictures.
* Build a Skee-Ball game.
* Create an indoor obstacle course.
* Create an obstacle course for your hamster – be sure it doesn’t get out!
* Create a new dance, sing karaoke.
* Make a cornhole game using cardboard and socks.
* Play musical chairs.
Hope this is fun and you get the kids away from those video games, get them moving, and spend time together while staying active!