Breast Cancer Awareness Month
What is Breast Cancer?
Click here to visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation & learn more!
Know Your Facts
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
- Although rare, men get breast cancer too. In 2020, an estimated 2,620 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year in the U.S.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States
- There are over 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States
7 Home Hacks for Better Productivity, Happiness, Health
1. Separate Your Space: If your work from home space is in a bedroom or living room, try to create visual separation by rearranging your furniture so your bed or couch is not facing the office area, or using a room divider so you can “leave work” when you’re done for the day.
2. Add Natural Elements: If you can, position your desk near a window for a natural view. Also try at adding houseplants in decorative pots to your workspace. These will offer an added benefit of purifying the air.
3. Light Your Space: Make sure you have good task lighting on your work surface. For short term setups, look for an adjustable lamp you can later use elsewhere in your home. If you’re going to be working from home long term, consider energy-efficient LEDs that mount under a wall shelf or cabinet above your desk and shine down on your papers and projects.
4. Seating is Crucial: If you are working from home. you may want to invest in a new adjustable, ergonomic desk chair. You can find refurbished models online at significant savings, or you can add ergonomic cushions to a chair you already own that fits your height.
5. Filter the Light from Your Screen: If you work long hours into the night, consider a blue light filter for your computer screen to minimize interruptions to your circadian rhythms; this is particularly important if your office electronics are set up in your bedroom.
6. Correct Laptop Ergonomics: Laptops are great for working on the go, but not ergonomic for long work hours at home. Consider adding a separate screen and possibly keyboard and/or mouse to reduce hand, eye and neck strain.
7. Don’t Sit All Day: Desk risers are great for letting you work standing up part-time, rather than sitting all day. These are ideal short term or long term solutions, and a viable alternative to an adjustable sit/stand desk.
To learn more, visit BlueZones.com or click here!
Fun Fall Activities!
Open Daily 10am to 7pm - Reserve Tickets Online
1315 Sweets Corners Rd, Penfield, NY 14526
See Calendar for Events & Special Offerings
656 S Rd, Scottsville, NY 14546
See Calendar for Events
1342 Eddy Rd, Macedon, NY 14502
7169 Island Road, Cicero, NY 13039
3901 Niagara Falls Blvd, Wheatfield, NY 14127
2844 Rt 352, Elmira, NY 14903
Sensational Autumn Parfait
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweetener (maple syrup or honey)
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup granola
- 1 apple cut into small chunks
- Combine yogurt, sweetener, pumpkin, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of yogurt into you bowl or cup.
- Then add a layer of granola, followed by apples.
- Complete this until you’ve finished your supply of ingredients and enjoy!