"Unlock the Treasure in Every Child" - April 4, 2022
Other People Matter Mindset: Identifying and Appreciating the Good in Others
Our focus this week will once again be on the Other People Matter (Bucs Treasure Others) Mindset with a specific focus on identifying and appreciating the good in others.
Challenge your student every night at dinner to share one compliment about a family member.
Giving compliments to others is one simple way we identify and appreciate the good in others.
August 2020-April 2021Check out the P2 for Families website, which contains 1 quote, 1 video, and 3 questions for your family to discuss. This is designed to be easy for parents to use to lead conversations around the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for grades Pre-K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Most of these webpages are password protected and the password (very simple) is: P2
Parents that were unable to sign up are welcome to attend as a spectator.
2022-2023 Student Enrollment Intentions
2022-23 Kindergarten registration is OPEN! Your child must turn 5 by August 31 to be eligible to enroll. Please visit the website below for information on how to enroll. You must start the process at your base school. You may request a transfer to Buckhorn Creek February 25 - March 11 if you will be coming from another base school.
Parent Cafeteria Support
- April 5 - Quarter 3 Report Cards sent home
- April 5 - 3rd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Gleason, Echols, Hodge, Stewart
- April 7 - 3rd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip - Ellzey, Dudding, Lawrence
- April 7 - K, 2, 4 Field Day
- April 8 - 1, 3, 5 Field Day
- April 11-15 - Spring Break
- May 2 - No School - Teacher Work Day
- May 4 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Maynor, Schaible, Dietrich, Buzzerio
- May 6 - Spirit Day: Wear your Teacher's favorite color
- May 10 - Interim Report Cards sent home
- May 17 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Carroll, Thurow, Kelaher
- May 18 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Magee, Pozcontek, McCoy, Ellis
- May 19 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Dimov, Mosco, McMahon, Olds
- May 27 - EOG Testing -Grades 3,4,5 Reading
- May 30 - No School - Memorial Day
- June 1 - EOG Testing -Grades 3,4, and 5 Math
- June 2 - Grade 5 Science and Grade 3 Read to Achieve
- June 8 - Salamanders Spirit Night - More info to come
- June 10 - 5th Grade Drive Thru Celebration -10am
- June 10 - Last day of school
- June 10 - Report Cards sent home