Highlights of the week
- We had our first week of handwriting. We practiced capital and lowercase m.
- We celebrated Constitution Day (Sept. 17).
- We learned about 1 more and 1 less in math.
- We had our first word family (am). The students did very well trying to blend (sound out) the sounds to read the word.
- We had a tornado drill.
- We had another visit from Zero the Hero.
- We started learning our Patriotic Songs.
- "Aa" is the letter of the week. We'll practice it during handwriting.
- "the" is the sight word of the week is "the"
- "at" is our word family like mat, bat, cat, rat, etc.
- We'll finish up 1 more and 1 less. We'll also discuss making equal sets. We'll also begin counting objects up to 20.
- We'll practice syllables
- We'll learn about seasons.
- Practice writing first name correctly
- Start math journals. word problems (done as a whole group)
Keeping you informed
- First name homework was due Friday. I will still take late ones, so please send them to school on Monday.
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, we are having a 2hr delay. School will be 10:30-12:30 for am kindergarten that day.
- Picture day is Sept. 26 for students who didn't take pictures at registration or those who would like retakes.
- Scholastic Book orders were due Sept. 16