Emma Vossen And Kayla Leighton Hour:2 (Absent)
- Natural born citizen
- 35 years old or older
- 14 year resident in the United States
What do I get out of it?
- $400,000 salary
- $100,000 for food, and entertainment
- Get to live in the White House
- You have a staff such as: cook, servant, gardeners
- Secret service protection for 10 years.
- Medical and dental care
- Air Force 1, Marine 1, and presidential limousine
- Commander in chief (executive)
- Commission all military officers of the United States (judicial legislative)
- Make treaties with foreign countries with the advice and consent of the senate (executive): most important because this is the foundation of our relationship with the country to keep us safe and out of war with them.
- Receive ambassadors (executive)
- Appoint ambassadors, federal judges, and supreme court justices (judicial legislative)
- Grant pardons and reprieves (judicial legislative)
- Appoint senators if there is a vacancy (judicial legislative)
- Chief of state (executive)
- Executive Agreements (executive)
- Emergency powers (executive)
Qualities and Skills:
- Honesty so that we know he will always keep his word and fulfill any promises.
- Communication so we can know what is going on in the world.
- Confidence so we believe he knows what to do and how to, so we stay safe.
- Commitment so we are not left unarmed and unsafe.
- Positive attitude so no matter what we believe everything is okay and will be okay.
Right now, the congress and the president are debating on letting Syrian refugees come into the United States, or if they shouldn't. There were 11.2 million undocumented immigrants in the United States as of January 2012. Imagine what this number looks like today. I think we need o have a stronger rule on illegal immigrants, and not let random people in our country. I would use the confidence that the president should have to stand tall with that decision, and the commander in chief, to have extra enforcement to make sure illegal immigrants don't come in.