By: Emily Brackett
- Sharp knives are safer then dull knives.
- Store knives with a safety guard over the blade or in a knife block/rack.
- Use a first-aid for a severely bleeding cut is to apply direct pressure over the wound. Very deep cuts may require medical attention.
- Put on a protective glove on if you have cuts.
- Always use the proper knife for the job
Use a cutting board and place a damp cloth under the board.
- NEVER catch a falling knife.
- To avoid cross contamination, DO NOT use the same knife to cut vegetables and meats.
- Cover with a lid
- Smother with Baking Soda
- Use a fire extinguisher
- NEVER put water on a grease fire or it will cause an explosion
Other Cause of Fires:
- Use water
- Fire extinguisher