News you can use Issue 2
Transitioning to Online Schooling: Learning Coach Excellence
Learning Coach Responsibilities
- Log attendance daily.
- Check and read emails daily.
- Ensure your student(s) attend their Class Connect sessions.
- Ensure that students complete online and offline work.
Attend required class connect sessions.
Check E-mail daily.
Turn in required assignments.
Complete Study Island Assignments when assigned
Follow the Daily plan for completing lessons
Submit teacher graded assignments
From Struggling with Learning to Successful Learner!
Here is some expert advice from seasoned Learning Coaches:
- Ask lots of questions (teachers, other LC's, and Blended Learning Centers)
- Take advantage of resources offered to you (bulletins, virtual groups, and live school events)
- Be sure to get your student involved in learning beyond the computer this can mean scouting groups, volunteering, church groups, sports clubs, or other ways to socialize with peers.
- Develop clear expectations, rules, and systems in the learning environment to keep students on track (see more about this below).
- Remember: The younger your student, the more hands-on you will be as their Learning Coach. As your student emotionally and physically develops, they will become more independent. While the LC role will decrease some, the guidance of a Learning Coach will always be needed.
Online School (OLS)
The OLS is where your student will complete their lessons. You will find the link to the OLS in the upper right hand corner of the Strong Start page.
Once you log in to OLS you will want to see which lessons your student needs to complete. You can also track completed assignments. Watch this video on how to attend a Class Connect.