Week of March 22, 2021
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
Welcome back to our remote students as they come to school for testing, and to those who have decided to return to face-to-face learning!
ACAP STATE TESTING
SUMMATIVE DATES: MARCH 15 - APRIL 30 (Spring break is April 5-9, so that week is out. However we should be done by spring break.)
-Remote and virtual students are also required to test! Due to the high security of the assessment, all students will be required to test on campus.
-All testing homeroom teachers have provided parents with information on when their child is to test. Please make sure your child/ren are on time to test. We cannot allow students to enter a classroom where testing has begun. All remote students should be on campus at least 30 minutes before their testing times.
-The State Department of Education requires that we reach a 95% student attendance rate for state testing. Therefore we need every student to test!
You can access the testing schedule from the link below.
Upcoming Programs for the Summer
- FOR QUALIFIED CURRENT K-3 STUDENTS, THERE WILL BE A SUMMER READING CAMP DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE TO HELP THEM CLOSE THE GAP TOWARD REACHING THEIR CORRECT READING LEVEL. THIS COMES FROM THE STATE DEPARTMENT'S CURRENT ALABAMA READING INITIATIVE.
- FOR GRADES K-11, THERE WILL BE A 5TH QUARTER DURING THE MONTH OF JULY FOR STUDENTS THAT DO NOT PASS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR.
MORE INFORMATION ON BOTH PROGRAMS WILL BE COMING SOON.
REMINDER FOR POTENTIAL UPCOMING PREK STUDENTS! AFTER REGISTERING, YOU MUST BRING YOUR CHILD TO A SCREENING SITE TO BE SCREENED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE PROGRAM. NO SCREENING = NO SPOT IN THE PREK PROGRAM. SEE MORE INFO BELOW.
- March 15: ACAP state testing begins (ends April 30)
- March 26: 3rd quarter ends
- April 2: Kona Ice fundraiser
- April 2: report card day
- April 5-9: Spring Break!
- April 14: "Dress for Success" spring pictures
- May 26: Last day for students (1/2 day)
- June 1-30: K-3 Summer Camp (based on Alabama Literacy Act)
- July 1-30: 5th Quarter (more info coming; for students who don't pass for the year)