The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ February 24, 2021
Saint Kateri School families ~
Welcome back from a very much needed February Break ~ this year has been challenging in many ways; spiritually, emotionally and physically. I hope this break was a time for you to be able to step away and take time to enjoy your family ~ that you are reminded through the small moments of each day all there is to be thankful for.
February 17th marked the beginning of Lent with the distribution of ashes. Ash Wednesday was celebrated with a "sprinkle" rather than a "smudge" but it reminds us nevertheless to turn our hearts to being Christ for others ~ to feed the hungry, cloth the the naked and give alms to to poor. The calendar included in this newsletter includes what we will be doing at Saint Kateri School, i.e. Stations of the Cross, Can-Struction, Walking in the Footsteps of Christ, etc. Be on the lookout for streaming or recorded versions of our Stations of the Cross. Our 5th graders will be leading our 1st - 4th grade students in this very powerful journey through the Passion of Christ.
Thank you to everyone who has already registered their child for the next school year ~ we have had a great start to our 2021-2022 school year registration. As we prepare for next year, we will continue to follow our current COVID guidelines, i.e. face coverings and social distancing measures. Unless we hear differently that guidelines will change, we will need to move forward with classroom caps. It is possible that there will be waiting lists for some PK-5th grade classes that are nearing our classroom caps. We are asking our current families that have not registered yet to return your registration paperwork by Friday, March 12th in order to secure your registration for next year. A reminder that on March 16th the registration fee will increase to $150.
Walk-A-Thon 2021 will be held on Saturday, May 22nd! We are sending home to every family a Walk-A-Thon Sponsor Letter. Sponsoring our Walk-A-Thon helps to raise funds for our school and showcases some amazing local businesses that are connected to our SKS Family. If you are a business owner ~ we would love your support! If you know a business owner ~ please pass the information on to them. Thank you!
It doesn't look like the cold is going away anytime soon! Remember that Saint Kateri School, and all of the DOR Catholic Schools, will be having Snow Days as school closure days and not remote learning days. Saint Kateri School will be closed if West Irondequoit or East Irondequoit are closed for weather. You will be notified through our RoboCall system. Information will also be posted on the TV stations.
May your family be blessed during this Lenten season with a renewed relationship with Christ and His love for us.
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Family Income Letter
Preschool End of the Year Dates
- Three Year Old: June 17, 2021
- Four Year Old: June 18, 2021
The last day of Preschool for each age is also the day that the students and families will celebrate their "Moving Up". Our Preschool Department is working on the details of these celebrations and they will be able to share that information with you soon.
In Case You Missed It ~ SKS in the Catholic Courier
FOOD DRIVE for Irondequoit Community Cupboard
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 2/26: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/2: School Mass lead by 4th grade at 9:00am
- 3/3: Hot Lunch opens
- 3/3: Spirit Shirt Day!
- 3/3: Parent's Association 6:00-7:30pm
- 3/5: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/9: Quiet Mass (5th/2nd)
- 3/12: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/12: Current family registrations due for 2021-2022
- 3/15: Last day for $100 Early Registration fee
- 3/16: Registration fee goes up to $150
- 3/16: Quiet Mass (4th/1st)
- 3/17: Hot Lunch closes at 9:30am
- 3/19: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/23: Quiet Mass (3rd/K)
- 3/26: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/29-4/2: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- 4/5: Return to school
- 4/6: School Mass (4th grade)
- 4/7: Spirit Shirt Day
- 4/7: Parent's Association (6-7:30)
- 4/13: Quiet Mass Kindergarten -2nd grade
- 4/14: Half Day Dismissal (PK @ 11:00 and K-5 @ 11:30)
- 4/16: Quarter 3 ends
- 4/20: No Quiet Mass
- 4/20-4/22: NYS ELA Assessments grade 3-5
- 4/26: Yearbook Order DUE
- 4/27: Quiet Mass 3rd - 5th grade
- 4/29: Quarter 3 Report Cards go home
- 4/30: NO SCHOOL Superintendent's Day
Bill Gray's Fundraiser was a success!
Barnes and Noble Book Fair
2021-2022 Registration is well underway!
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review
Amazon Smile Program
Attention Amazon shoppers! We are continuing to use the AmazonSmile program for our school and church community. It’s very easy and of no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, our school community will receive a portion of the proceeds from each eligible purchase as a donation from Amazon.
Simply search for “Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Roman Catholic Parish in Irondequoit, NY” and select it as your charity. Then shop as usual! Amazon will remember your charity when it is time to check out and our community will receive a portion of your eligible purchases! Thank you for participating and happy shopping! Feel free to pass this information on to family members and friends looking to help out our school!