Biehl's Blurb 12/18/15
Ms. Biehl's Class, Room 103- Great things happen here!
Line Creek Mission Statement
Miss Jacobs, We will miss you. Thank you for being a great student teacher! We had a blast learning with you!
Monday 1/4- No School
iLearn: Hands on Literacy and Innovation
I am excited to share with you our classroom project recently posted on DonorsChoose.org:
iLearn: Hands-on Literacy and Innovation
I want to make sure all students have the materials they need to succeed, so I just created a request for my classroom at DonorsChoose.org. My project is focused on building 21st century skills across the curriculum.
Give to our classroom by November 23, 2015 and your donation will be doubled thanks to DonorsChoose.org. Just enter the code SPARK on the payment page and you'll be matched dollar for dollar (up to $100).
If you chip in to help our first grade students, you'll get awesome photos and our heartfelt thanks.
Today, your child will be bringing home a permission slip in order to be photographed, if our project gets funded. Please sign and return the permission slip to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your support!
Thanks so much,
P.S. If you know anyone who may want to help my classroom, please pass this along!
We Are Wild About Learning
Here's what we will be studying in first grade next week:
- I can know the characters in my books just like I get to know my friends, noticing who they are, what they do, how they act, how they feel and what they learn.
- I can use the pictures and the words in my books to learn important information about the characters.
- I can participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about 1st grade topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- I can write a small moments story where I with a beginning, middle and ending.
- I can demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
- I can read, write, and represent numbers up to 120.
- I can use a ten-frame to represent whole numbers and parts of numbers.
- Apply properties of operations for adding subtracting for sums up to 20.
- I can describe an objects motion.
- I can compare speeds.
- I can describe ways to change the motion of an object.
- I can describe a force (push or pull) required to do work or make an object move.