Creston Community News
Creston's Weekly Update for Students & Families
July 24, 2020
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
The Warren Community Family Resource Center, in cooperation with MLT Mentoring & Sonny Day, will be hosting a food distribution event with fresh produce and meat from Gleaners. The distribution will take place on Monday, July 27th beginning at 3:30 pm and ending no later than 5:30 pm at the new Moorhead Community Resource Center, located at 8400 East 10th Street, Indianapolis. Supplies are limited, so distribution will be on a first come, first serve basis. We would like to thank all of our families for allowing us to serve you during the summer months and these difficult times.
Linked below is the MSD Warren Township S.A.F.E. reopening plan which outlines plans for the return to school.
A few things to remember:
- First student day for the 2020-2021 school year is AUGUST 6th.
- 5th graders who did not select virtual learning will attend in-person instruction every school day.
- 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who did not select virtual learning will attend school in person every other day.
- You can call our main office (317-532-6800) to make an appointment if you have specific registration needs (new families) or other questions. Only those who have scheduled appointments will be permitted into the building. At this time, we are only accepting appointments related to registration/enrollment needs.
- All other inquiries related to virtual or in person learning will be answered via phone.
It is my sincere hope that you and your family are well - please stay safe and take care of yourselves!
Full of Creston Pride,
Mrs. Storm - CIMS Principal
You're Invited: Upcoming Webinar
MSD Warren is hosting a webinar this Tuesday. Our guest panelist will be Dr. Virgina Caine from the Marion County Department of Health. Registration information is below.
When: Jul 28, 2020 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: MSD of Warren S.A.F.E. Reopening Community (Staff and Parent/Caregiver) Webinar with Dr. Virginia Caine
Register in advance for this webinar:
This document outlines the procedures and guidance related to the reopening of MSD Warren school buildings in August.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION for 20-21 YEAR
Warren Township is accepting new registrations for the 20-21 school year. If your student ended the school year in a Warren Township school, you do NOT need to take any additional action to be registered for school. If you are new to Warren Township and want to register your student for the upcoming school year, you must call our main office at 317-532-6800 to make an appointment. At this time, to protect the health and safety of our main office staff, we are asking families to make appointments so we can keep an appropriate number of families in our reception/registration area to maintain social distancing.
DRESS CODE & SUPPLY LIST
NOTE: Our teachers always appreciate any donations of extra supplies, especially items such as facial tissue (Kleenex)!
2020 Pesticide Notification Registry
The Indiana Pesticide Review Board has regulations that impact how school corporations may use pesticides on school grounds. MSD Warren Township follows these guidelines and we are inviting parents and guardians to join our Pesticide Notification Registry. By signing up for this registry, you will be notified via email at least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application at your child’s school, subject to certain exceptions. You will be invited to sign up for this notification each school year.
You will need to sign up for this notification every school year.
If you would like to participate, please complete the required form found at www.warren.k12.in.us.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL CONTACTS
- Gleaners Community Cupboard at 3737 Waldemere Avenue
- Tuesday/Wednesday from 10 am -3 pm
- Thursday from 2-7 pm
- Gleaners SNAP Application Assistance
- (317) 644-1280
- Community Compass App (download from the App Store or Google Play)
- Information on food pantries, meal assistance, and more
- Home delivery of family meal boxes and fresh produce from Gleaners or prepared meals from Second Helpings
- Text Gleaners to 55433 (English Only)
- Call (317) 742-9111 (English and Spanish)
- CARE Mobile Pantries (through the end of August) – Drive-thru food distribution with walk-up capacity
- John Marshall High School, 10101 E. 38th St., Saturdays from 10 am - 2 pm
- Save-A-Lot/Marion County Election Board, 3737 East Washington St Mondays from 2-6 pm
- Ivy Tech Community College, 2535 N. Capitol Ave. Fridays from 2-6 pm