Upward Bound @ Lanier HS
Our business is to get you ready for College
Who we are
What is Upward Bound?
Upward Bound is a federally funded program designed to support participants in their preparation for college.
The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their higher education pursuit.
Who we serve?
High school students from low-income families; who are also first generation students planning on attending college.
What is our goal?
Our goal is to increase the rate at which our students complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from an institution of higher education.
Who are our Staff?
Our staff are dedicated to assist, encourage, and challenge the student to achieve their potential.
Services Offered by Upward Bound
Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, and college advisement
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Tutorial services
- Mentoring program
- Information on post secondary education opportunities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Scholarship Research assistance
Upward Bound projects provide academic year and summer enrichment.
Enrichments consists of:
- One Saturday a month in either field of our academic instruction during the school year.
- A day out of the month meeting at our target high school enrichment in mathematics, laboratory sciences, composition, literature, and foreign languages.
Summer program consist of:
- 6 week non-residential program during the months of June and July
- Students receive instruction in Math, Science, English Language Arts, and Foreign Language
- Cultural enrichment
- Leadership and group building activities
- University tours