East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
April 2nd - Kindergarten Round-up 1p-6p @ East Cafe'
April 4th - 3rd & 5th Grade to PHHS for Drama Production 8:30am-11:00am
April 8th - Registration starts
April 9th - Kindergarten Blast Off
April 9th - 6th Grade to PHMS 9-11
April 11th - Kindergarten Program @ 6pm
April 12th - Spring Picture Day
April 15th - Skating Party
April 16th - 3rd Grade to PHHS 9:30-11:15
April 18th - 6th Grade Orientation @ PHMS @ 7pm
April 19th - All Pro Dads
April 22nd- ILEARN starts
April 26th - Birthday Breakfast
We raised $6,179.83 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Thank you East families for your generosity!
Summer Make and Take Food Program
WEEM Radio and Fall Creek Christian Women's Ministry are partnering with the community to put together breakfast and lunch food boxes for student and families. Click here for more information!
Drama Club Parent Meeting
East Elementary Drama Club is proud to present Frozen Jr. for the 2019-2020 school year. For those that will be in grades 4-6 and are interested in auditioning, there will be a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday, April 4th at 7:00p.m. in the cafeteria. We are having auditions for next fall because we will be rehearsing a little over the summer. Some brief things to know before the meeting.
Auditions will be held the evenings of April 16th and 17th.
Most rehearsals are before school at 7:30 a.m. Monday-Thursday. There will be occasional Friday rehearsals. Some summer rehearsals.
Show dates are November 20th and 21st. Plus the all school show on the morning of the 22nd.
If you are a 6th grade band student, you may participate in both.
We will be hosting an audition workshop on April 13th.
Kindergarten Music Program
The Kindergarten students are proud to present "This is Me", a musical informance, on Thursday, April 11th at 6pm in the EES gym. Take a peek at a typical day in music class with songs, movement, and instruments - all with opportunities to come down and JOIN us in our joyful music making!
Newly enrolled Kindergarten students are invited to attend Blast-Off to Kindergarten from 6:00-7:30pm on April 9th at East. Registration begins at 5:45. The new students will meet kindergarten teachers, ride a school bus and watch the teachers demonstrate classroom activities to help prepare children for school. Don't miss this opportunity to better prepare parents and children for the start of school next year.
6th Grade Parents
6th Grade Parents we need your students baby pictures!
You can send in a hard copy (you will get it back) but emailing the picture is preferred.
Please email your students homeroom teacher and in the subject line please put your students name.
The deadline for the pictures is April 12th.
Parents Club Officer Change
Optional Spring Picture Day
Additional forms are in the office.
For ordering online go to mylifetouch.com
Picture Day ID: HM078081Y0
Kids Connection Summer Program
We will start enrolling for our summer program beginning April 15th thru May 17th. The handbook and registration form are on our website. We create several positive experiences for children such as weekly field trips, swimming at Brown Pool, play at the park, make crafts and play lots of fun games. We are open 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and will be meeting at Pendleton Primary this summer. Be sure to join us for a fun filled summer.
Lunch Visitor Procedures
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $17.90 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40