Top TEN News @ Weston
March 27, 2020
2. A five weeks eLearning Schedule for all GCCSC schools can be found below. Classroom teachers will be reaching out to their families on Monday, March the 30th with more details about what eLearning Lessons will look like for their class.
3. Office Hours - The expectation is that each teacher will advertise a span of two hours each day of the week (Monday - Friday) in which he/she is available to students and parents. Office hours should generally occur after 9:00am and before 4:00pm in order to create some boundaries for everyone.
4. FREE School Meal Kits for all children 18 and under can be picked up on March 30th. See the flyer below for details.
5. Tech Support - The Tech department will have a drive through clinic at the front entrance at GCHS for parents who need chargers, device swaps etc. for devices that have become broken or non functional over break. The clinic is Monday 3/30, between 1-3pm.
6. Our Kindergarten Round Up has been cancelled due to the school closures. Once we re-open a new date will be set.
7. Standardized testing for Indiana schools have been cancelled for this year: IREAD, ILEARN and IAM. Local assessments such as NWEA and weekly tests will be decided at a later date.
8. There has been a slight adjustment to the Q3 Report Cards Reporting Schedule. These will now be posted to the Parent Portal on Monday, April 6, 2020.
9. If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child's teacher, our school counselor or the principal. Phone calls to Weston are not currently being answered. Please use this link for staff email addresses or utilize your teacher's messaging system.
9. Here are some mental health resources that focus on COVID-19:
The CDC Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
The Child Mind Institute's Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus. Students may experience hunger, abuse, or lack of healthcare in their homes and with their families. Know local resources and be prepared to help.
National Association of School Psychologists' Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
SAMSHA's Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
More specific info about COVID-19 can be found at https://coronavirus.in.gov/
eLearning Calendar - GCCSC
March 30 - May 1
More Info to Come on a new date for this event.
School Meal Kits Available
Details here for March 30th.