A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
A Note From Ms. Grey
After the story, the students and I had a conversation about what specific things fill their buckets. Some of the responses were: feeling included by their friends at recess, having time to do the activities that they love and taking the time to help others and be thoughtful. When asked to think of someone important in their lives and what might fill that person's bucket, they had just as many ideas! Trying hard to get along with their siblings, cleaning their room without being asked and working hard at school were just a few of their insightful responses. Whether I have made it into your child's class to read this story yet or not, it is a wonderful conversation to have at home and a great way for students to bring an awareness to their own emotional well-being as well as consider how their actions and words can affect others.'
Say...Shamrocks! School Pictures with Photographer Steven Yeager, 9/13 & 14
Grant Avenue Road Work: 9/14 & 9/15 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
We have received notification from the City of Petaluma that they plan to repave the road on Grant Avenue on Thursday, September 13th & Friday, September 14th. This will take place between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm and should not affect drop off and pick up.
However, cars cannot be parked on Grant Avenue during these times. If you are coming to volunteer in a classroom, plan to pick up your students early from school or drop them off late, please park on a side street and walk your students on to campus. Grant Avenue will not be accessible from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on these two days. Please do not use the staff parking lot, as it is reserved for our faculty.
Grant Family BBQ: Friday, September 14th at 5 pm
First Author Visit This Friday!
We will be hosting author Greg Van Eekhout who will introduce his book, Voyage of the Dogs to our students in grades 4/5/6. This edge-of-your-seat action-packed story is Homeward Bound — set in space! We have been reading it in the library and are very much looking forward to meeting the author!
PTA Meeting - Everyone Welcome! September 20th at 6:00 pm
Please come to the next Grant PTA Association Meeting. You can vote on the issues before the group if you are a member (forms are in the office and it's $20 for one person and $35 for two) but even if you are not a member you can still come and learn about all of the amazing things happening at Grant. It's a great way to stay informed and get involved. See you at the meeting!
Do you love gardening and working with students?
After School Enrichment Classes-Spots still available!
Enrollment is open for our 8 After School Enrichment Fall courses! Please see the flyer for the specific class(es) you're interested in for a description, starting dates, costs and registration details. Find fliers on the Grant Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/grantshamrocks/
- Piano Lessons through Move Over Mozart will be offered on Tuesdays and will run through the year. Lessons are available for Kinder through 6th graders; to register to go to www.moveovermozart.com or check flyer. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish Class through IES Languages will be offered on Wednesdays and will run through the year. Lessons available to Kinder through 6th grade. Register online at IESLanguages.org and search through region/area to get to Grant School. Questions: contact email@example.com
- Engineering with LEGO through Play-Well will be offered on Wednesdays; available to Kinder and 1st grade only. Register online at https://play-well-registration.com/registration/new/72143 Questions? contact Justin Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martial Arts through Shafers ATA will be offered on Thursdays; available to Kinder through 6th graders. See flyer for all the details. To register: www.SchafersATA.com/programs/after-school-programs/ For questions regarding the Martial Arts class, contact BreSchafer@gmail.com
- Jewelry Making through Julia Anthony will be offered on Thursdays; available to Kinder through 6th grade. To register email or call Julia directly: email@example.com or 707-364-1406
- Chess Classes through Chess for Kids will be offered on Mondays. Lessons available to Kinder through 6th grade; enroll online at chessclubforkids.com; or call 707-527-6427
- Sewing Classes through Sally Palmer will be offered on Fridays; available to Kinder through 6th grade. To enroll send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
- Golf Lessons through TGA will be offered on Fridays; available to Kinder through 6th graders. To register, follow this link to their website: www.playtga.com/northbay For questions contact email@example.com
General questions about After School enrichment: Maryann Pacheco firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls on the Run at Grant!
Important Upcoming Dates
September 13 & 14 School Pictures
September 14 Grant PTA BBQ
September 20 PTA Board & Association Meeting 6 pm
October 3 Walk to School Day
October 5 Talent Show Tryouts
October 12 Talent Show Practice #1
October 12 Jog-a-thon
October 15 No School - Teacher In-Service Day
October 19 Talent Show Practice #2
October 26 Talent Show
October 31 Grant Halloween Parade (10:40 am)
Thank You's from the PTA:
- Back to School Night was awesome. Thank you to Principal Grey and all of our Grant teachers for an informative and wonderful evening.
- Huge thank you to Cara & Scott Newman for finding and delivering a new freezer to house the stash of 6th Grade Ice Cream sold Wednesdays & Fridays after school.
- Many thanks to Amanda Grey for working closely with the PTA to highlight and showcase Grant.
- Thank you to Lisa Johnson for all the legwork on exciting new ideas for the PTA