December 6, 2020
Materials Pickup - December 7th & 8th
We have a scheduled Materials Pickup Day for two days next week (Monday, 12/7 & Tuesday, 12/8) from 8:30 - 3:30 for ECSE, 1st - 5th grade. Your teacher should have provided you with information about the pickup. Tables have been set up at the main entrance. Bags have been labeled with each students' name alphabetically. We ask that you ring the buzzer, and identify yourself. We will then let you in to grab the supplies.
New things happening in the Valley!
I just want to keep you in the loop of things going on...
- We are in the process of interviewing for the gym position. We have 11 candidates, and many of them are really good. I am hoping to recommend someone to HR by next week.
- More painting will be happening throughout the building (including the Cafeteria)
- LOCKERS ARE IN for grades 1 - 3.
- We have a new addition to our family.....Sarah Michlewski had a baby boy - Owen (picture is below) - He was born on November 13th and was a tiny, mighty little guy weighing 6lbs. Grayson (Sarah's 2-year old), is loving his new role.
What's happening in First Grade with Mrs. Kroll?
Message from Monica regarding the Giving Tree....
This holiday season we will still be having our annual Giving Tree. For those that have not heard of the Giving Tree, it is an opportunity for us and our school families to help support our less fortunate school families through donated items specific to the children in that family in the form of gifts and clothing. This year, we will not be doing physical items due to the risk of exposure so we will instead be doing gift cards.
If you or someone you know would like to donate a gift card(s) to our students please observe the following polite request:
- Meijer, Kroger, or Target gift cards only.
- Gift cards no larger than $25 each. This will make it easier to split among families.
- The deadline to donate is December 11th. This gives you 2 weeks to shop!
- Leave in my mailbox or office but please label so I know it is for the Giving Tree.
A good majority of our needy families have already been helped through applications to the Good Shepherd coalition or Goodfellows. We will use these donated cards to reach out again to those not already being helped who are also on our Free/Reduced lunch list. If there are any remaining cards I'll keep them to distribute over the course of the year as needs are presented. This occurred with gift cards donated from a Clinton Township group and it turned out to be just what some families needed after losing their jobs to COVID closures after March.
A blurb will be put into the Cardinal Connection for all families so that those that wish to donate can and those that are in need can apply for help. If you have any questions please let me know. This program makes a HUGE difference in the lives of some of our students.
Giving Tree Application for Families
Message from Monica Weaver
Message from Monica Weaver, Social Worker.....
NWEA Information for the Upcoming Assessment - Parents
Message from our PTO
I hope all is well.
The PTO needs your help.
Saturday is our last day of the Santa Secret Shop.
Santa's Secret Shop is open until the evening on Saturday, December 6th.
Pick up day will be between 12/10-12/11. More information to come once delivery is received.
Gift bags will be provided, as usual.
How to Shop:
- Visit: hatty.schoolholidayshops.com
- Shop Type: Santa
- Click the "Enter Here" Button on the Door
- Enter Password: E145043
- Start Shopping
If anyone has any difficulties, please have them email email@example.com
Thank you for your help in getting the word out and making this year a success!!
Message from our PTO....
The Santa Virtual Shop will be opening early on Wednesday, November 25th at around 6 pm. The shop will be open 24/7 until December 2nd!! Please make sure your student does not miss out on their chance to shop!!
Directions on how to shop are on the flyer below!
Thank you all for your continued support and have a safe and happy holiday season!