Pride of the Tribe
Week of October 15, 2018
Coach Poynter has his students build the test review together by grouping students to answer specific questions. Answers are then posted around the room for others to record on their own review sheet. This strategy allows for collaboration and a better chance of the review actually getting completed.
Nuts & Bolts
- 45 Minute Evaluations can begin this week. If you are ready to get it done, email your appraiser with a date. We will begin sending two-week windows for you to schedule within next week. Please remember a pre-conference form/meeting will need to be completed before the evaluation can be conducted. The form will be emailed this week.
- PD Survey - Please make sure you complete the PD Survey sent by central admin.
- Rigor Survey - Please make sure you complete the Rigor Survey sent by J. Crisp.
- Reminder to start thinking about your technology project that will be showcased in February. EVERY teacher is expected to submit a project. Check out Tammy's Tech Tuesday Smores for information on requirements.
- College Door Competition - November 2nd is right around the corner! Dr. Sandra will be judging the doors.
- Three-week progress ends Monday, October 15th. Please make sure grades are up-to-date because this can make or break a student gaining or losing eligibility.
- Electives/CTE Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- FASFA/Apply Texas Parent Night, 6:00pm
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Blood Drive
- Volleyball vs Anna @ Anna, 5pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Faculty Meeting, 7:45am
- 9th/JV/V Football @ North Lamar, 5:00pm
- Choir Concert, 6:30pm
- Homecoming Pep Rally @ Indian Stadium
- JV/V Volleyball vs Melissa@ SHS, 4:30pm
- V Football vs North Lamar @ SHS, 7:00pm (band to perform at 6:40pm)
- Homecoming Parade
- UIL Band Competition, Northwest HS, 2:30pm (free admission)
Oct. 23 - Aim For Success Assembly
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS MONTH BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COUNSELORS!
- Buy a Sonic drink for a friend or stranger.
- Recognize acts of kindness in others.
- Give someone a small gift anonymously.
- Help someone put their groceries in their car.
- Pay for food for the next person in line.
- Pull up your neighbors empty trash cans.
- Send a thank you note to someone.
- Hold the door open for someone.