School Nutrition Newsletter
June 24, 2020
All About Trainings!
Professional Standards Requirements
The required annual training hours are:
Program directors - 12 hours
Program managers - 10 hours
Program staff > 20 hours per week - 6 hours
Program staff ˂ 20 hours per week - 4 hours
Questions about professional standards or trainings? Contact the training team at SCNTrainings@doe.in.gov or refer to IDOE's Professional Standards FAQ, which can be found here.
Need help finding new online training opportunities for staff? IDOE has you covered!
What is inTEAM?
- Did you know you can access Indiana specific trainings 24/7 online?
- Each sponsor has one login that they are able to use (and share) to complete as many online training courses as they would like.
- Each sponsor login is the Food Service Director's email with the password inteam1234, unless it was previously changed by the user.
- Content is continuously updated to reflect regulatory updates and the needs of sponsors across the state!
- Courses available include Buy American, Crediting, Special Dietary Needs, Smart Snacks, Food Safety Plans, Food Production Records, and so much more!
- For a list of all of the courses available on inTEAM, click here.
- Click here to log on to inTEAM.
Curious about how inTEAM works? Watch this video!
New Webinar Series
- IDOE will be conducting another round of webinars throughout the month of July to help sponsors as they prepare for next school year.
Topics covered include
- Beginning of the School Year Reminders
- Planning for the Unknown in School Year 2020-2021
- Rules and Regulations
- CNPweb Renewal Process
- Free and Reduced
- Direct Certification Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here for more information and to register.
Virtual Culinary Trainings
- Want to enhance your culinary skills? Looking for new ways to meet professional standard hours? Want to work smarter, not harder in the kitchen? Looking to improve the flavor of your school meals?
- IDOE and the Culinary Skills for A+ School Meals team are thrilled to bring our popular hands-on culinary skills trainings to you...virtually!
- Choose from 30 topics including knife skills, cooking whole grains, steaming and roasting vegetables, and new topics on special dietary needs, global cuisines, and more!
- These trainings will take place each day from 10:00 to 11:15 am EST over the course of six weeks, July 6 through August 14, to enhance your culinary portfolio and learn tips and tricks from the pros.
- Participants are able to register for as few or as many topics as they prefer.
- Participants will also receive 1.25 hours towards professional standards for each topic they attend.
- Click here for the calendar of topics.
- Click here to register.
- Questions? Contact Cathy Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Trainings and Training Resources
Training Suggestion Sheets
- IDOE has created fact sheets that list ideas for trainings that are applicable for different job categories.
- Almost all of these trainings can be completed online!
Coffee Break Webinars from May now on inTEAM
- All webinars from May have been recorded and are now posted in inTEAM for sponsors to view and gain professional standards hours.
- Webinar topics include: end of school year reminders, direct certification, the free and reduced process, and disclosure.
- Click here to log on to inTEAM.
Indiana Department of Education - School and Community Nutrition
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this newsletter, please contact Allie Caito-Sipe at email@example.com, call (317) 232-0849, or toll-free at 1-800-537-1142 ext. 20849, or contact Ashley Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (317) 232-0544, or toll-free at 1-800-537-1142 ext. 20544.
Miss a Weekly School Nutrition Newsletter? Click here to access previous newsletters!
Was the newsletter forwarded to you? Want to add other employees to receive the newsletter? Click here to be added to the contact list.