Cicely Lewis, Ed.S
Did you know?
· What are your initial reactions to what you saw in the videos?
The information is astonishing and I wanted to share this with my colleagues.
· What do we think it means to prepare students for the 21st century? What skills do students need to survive and thrive in this new era?
As stated in the video, we have to be ready to prepare our students for technologies and jobs that don’t even exist yet. I think it means to think outside the box and be innovative. We have to teach our students to think critically and question everything.
· What implications does this have for our current way of doing things?
I think it should make all teachers evaluate their methods and work to improve their instruction.
· What challenges must we overcome as we move forward? What supports will we need as we move forward? What kind of training will we need to move forward?
The challenges we face are financial because schools need the technology to instruct students. Support and funding are essential components. Teachers need training in student centered classroom and technology implementation.
· Is it possible for a teacher to be an excellent teacher if he/she does not use technology?
Many years ago my answer would be yes but in today’s time you are doing your students and yourself an injustice if you are not using technology. So, my answer is no. One must infuse technology in the curriculum to be excellent.
Search Tool Comparison
Web 2.0 Presentation
Video Podcast: How to use Easybib.com
Students were creating podcasts in a Project Based Learning project. The students had to to share their inventions through a podcast. I chose this because I was so impressed! This is exciting that young kids are doing so many amazing things!
This awesome lesson allows the students to create video games based on the literature they are covering in class. The students have to identify main idea and more. I chose this video because I felt it was exciting and cutting edge.
In this video the students conducted a video program about Puppy Mills. The students were attempting to break down the misconceptions about Puppy Mills. I chose this video because the students used high level video editing to make the project.