Library Media Monthly Report
Library Media Center Staff
Itinerant Media Specialist - Substitute Domenica Simpson, new hire Brenda Walenczyk
Media Technician - Cindy Stiemly
Classes Scheduled in the Media Center: 137
Lessons, direct instruction or support by LMS:
Itinerant Substitute: 76
Individual Students: 159
Monthly Circulation Stats:
- Attended an Educator Effectiveness Academy meeting to assist in the planning of PD for the rest of the school year.
- Attended a Gifted and Talented Committee meeting to discuss student qualifications/placement in program.
- Birthday Book Club - Sent out flyers for April - The club continues to be a success with additional funds donated to the school library.
- Collaborated with 3rd grade teachers to discuss how I could help with their research project, 4th grade to continue on hero research project, and school counselor on upcoming Career Day and 5th grade research project.
- Completed weeding the 900's.
- Created list of new books to buy to replenish the 900's and update the 200's, 300's, and literature the students and teachers requested. Order submitted.
- Read School Library Journal and Instructor Magazine.
- Completed and turned in P-Card report for review.
- Met with mentor teacher Deb Geppi each week to discuss lesson plans, assessments, and student behavior.
- Processed materials including Birthday Book Club books.
- Worked on updating spine labels to new author last name specifications, as well as changing signage in the Everybody section.
- Continued weeding Fiction section.
- Continued lexile project in fiction section, adding lexile levels to all books.
- Updated the library "Catch of the Day" display each week with a new topic.
- On A weeks, picks up first grade class from specials and dissmisses them from school to provide coverage for classroom teacher.
- Updated seasonal displays.
- Construction Week 2
- Construction Week 3/Spring Week 1 (BME + Spring intro)
- Spring Week 2 (Maple Syrup)
- Spring Week 3 (What we do in spring)
- Old Favorites Week 4 - Problem and solution with Lyle
- Old Favorites Week 5 - Compare Old and New
- Mini Genre Week 1 - Science Fiction
- Mini Genre Week 2 - Historical Fiction
- Reading Road Trip Week 2 - Science Fiction
- Reading Road Trip Week 3 - Mystery
- Reading Road Trip Week 4 - Historical Fiction
- Reading Road Trip Week 5 - Folktale
- Fairy Tales Week 4 (Fairy Tales Week 2)
- Fairy Tales Week 5 (Fairy Tales Week 3)
- Research Culture Grams Intro
- Research Citation Intro
- Hero Research Week 1
- Hero Research Week 2
- Hero Research Week 3
- Hero Research Week 4
- Career Research Week 1
- Career Research Week 2
- Career Research Week 3