RHHS Wildcats News You Can Use
#WEARERH 11/20/20 #WEARERH
News and Notes from the Principal
Thanksgiving Break is a time to give thanks and consider ALL that we have to be thankful for this year! While 2020 has most certainly been a challenging year, there are still opportunities for us to share/show thanks for our families, friends, staff, students and stakeholders. I for one am thankful for the collective efficacy that ALL have shown during this pandemic approach to education, thankful to be able to provide students with a multitude of options to education, thankful for the great minds of each of you that have truly pulled off the unthinkable!
As you and your students break for Thanksgiving, please continue to help us in protecting our staff and students by following the safety procedures, remaining masked up and keeping your distance. We are glad that we have been able to offer multiple approaches to education while maintaining safety and sanitization procedures at RHHS. If your child is feeling sick please know that coming to campus should not be an option, but rather maintaining a level of safety, contacting the school and engaging online to ensure the safety of our staff and students.
eLearner Material Return
All eLearners must return any school owned materials or textbooks that have been checked out for classes ending in December. This includes novels for ELA classes. Students should NOT return Chromebooks or items needed for a yearlong class. These materials can be turned in at the East Campus Front Office any day from 7am – 3pm but we will also offer a drive-through materials return day on Thursday, December 17 from 1pm – 4pm. More information will be released soon about drive-through procedures after Thanksgiving Break.
Final Exams, Exam Exemption & Exam Half-Days
Final exams will be administered during half-days on Thursday, December 17 and Friday, December 18 during the first two blocks of each day. Students have the opportunity to exempt some or all of their exams based on the following criteria: must have at least a 90 average, must have scored at least an 86 on EOC, no ISS/OSS for the semester, clear of obligations list, must be enrolled in a semester long class.
Students must meet ALL the requirements in order to exempt. Teachers will communicate with students if they are eligible to exempt several days prior to exams and face-to-face students will receive an Exam Exemption Ticket from each class they can exempt. Elearner parents should receive an email from the teacher if the student is able to exempt the exam. If you have questions about exams or exam exemption, please contact your child’s grade level administrator.
Health & Safety Reminders:
- If your student is not feeling well, please do NOT send them to school. With concurrent learning they have the opportunity to take advantage of the curriculum even when not present - they can log into their google meets.
- Face Coverings are to be worn at ALL times while on campus, when lunch is not being consumed.
- Congregation before/after school is strongly discouraged. If we want to maintain in-person schooling it is important that we ALL work together to make this happen.
- If your child is unable to attend school due to COVID-related symptoms please be sure to contact the school to speak with the nurse: (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) - All attendance related notes should be submitted to Ms. Carolyn Oetjen via email at (email@example.com)
- eLearners are expected to follow the same schedule and meet the same expectations regarding timely arrival, interactions, assignment completion, etc. as their in-person counterparts.
- 11/23-11/27 - Thanksgiving Break
- 12/2 - 12/15 - End-Of-Course Assessments
- 12/11 - Blood Drive - Wetlands Bldg (JF Gregory) 3-8pm
- 12/17 - eLearner Material Drop-Off
- 12/17-12/18 - Final Exams & Half Days
- 12/19-1/5 - Winter Break
- 1/6 - 1st Day of 2nd Semester
Counselors have now started senior meetings. Seniors are to schedule their own meetings with their counselor via pick-a-time. These will be held at various times of the day. Please keep in mind it is the senior who chooses the time and schedules their appointment. Seniors are responsible for remembering their scheduled appointment, and excusing themselves from class for the meeting. To avoid repeated interruptions, counselors will not be calling into classrooms for seniors to make their appointment. Click Here and reserve your time at the bottom left hand side of the webpage.
Athletic Ticketing - Go Fan
"Click Here"to see our upcoming Athletic Events for the week, and purchase tickets. Richmond Hill High School and Richmond Hill Athletics are excited to announce the use of Go Fan for our sporting events. Go Fan allows all event spectators to purchase tickets prior to events, or at the gate through your mobile device, avoid long lines, and limit person to person contact.
All students parking on campus, including dual enrolled students must have a parking permit.
"Click Here" to access the student parking permit information and application for 20-21SY.
Regular Sale Permits: $65.00
Qualifications to Purchase a Parking Permit during the Regular time periods:
- Not on Obligations List
- Passing or passed at least 75% of classes
*Students with more than 6 absences and/or tardies (for second semester, 19-20) will be able to purchase a parking permit with a signed attendance contract. The attendance contracts will be made available to those students who must have this in order to purchase a parking permit.
*Students who do not meet the Academic expectations will be able to purchase parking permits beginning the second nine weeks. All of the above qualifications must continue to be met in order to apply at the second nine weeks and purchase a parking permit for $65.00.
Military and Family Life
RHHS Essential Information
7:30am-2:30pm/Buildings open at 7am
Certificates of Enrollment
Car-rider/parent drop-off information
Bus rider information-
Bus Routes - (Make sure to check back as updates to routes may occur)
School nutrition information-
Breakfast $1.85; Lunch $2.85 (Meals are free to ALL students for 20-21 SY)
- MySchoolBucks - Online Payment Portal
- eLearner Meal Information
- BCS Free or Reduced Price Meals Application - English
- BCS Free or Reduced Price Meals Application - Spanish
Questions regarding remaining lunch balances should be directed to Carole Knight (School Nutrition Director) firstname.lastname@example.org/912-459-5121
If you should need to discuss health information at length, please call to schedule a meeting. All clinic forms are available on the high school website. Inhalers and epi pens that are carried by the student must have forms completed by their physician.
Clinic forms - "Click Here"