Irmo Elementary Family Updates
#HeartoftheHive #BetterTogether March 1st-5th
A Note From Your Principal
Dear IES Families,
This week we began celebrating our February Students of the Month. We recognized bees who displayed "responsibility" as our focus character word. I love seeing our students genuinely excited to be chosen for making the right choices and to watch their friends cheer them on with sheer joy for doing so! Thank you to our families as you are instilling these traits at home first and it shows at IES! I hope you enjoy the pictures from this week's visits to classrooms. Please note the upcoming Career Day in April as we need YOU to make it the best it can BEE. Each event has looked different during this pandemic but equally as wonderful for our children. We expect this one to be no less. Thank you for your support each and every day. We are #BetterTogether!
Career Day 2021~April 2
Dear Parents &/or Guardians,
Irmo Elementary has a long history of educating and promoting various careers through our hands on Career Day. This has always been an exciting and informative day for our students that they look forward to throughout the year. Students dress up in the career of their choice and meet various professionals as they talk to students about their passions re: their area of work.
With Covid the look of the day will change this year, but we want the excitement and enthusiasm to remain. We need your help.
Would you consider participating by sharing about your career, career path &/or encouragement of education with your child’s classroom? This would require you to participate in a Google Live Meet with us on Career Day, which is on Friday, April 2, in the morning. An estimate of time to present your information with our students is 4-8 minutes. It can also be shorter or longer. We do encourage students to ask questions.
Please let me know if you are interested in participating. We would love to have at least 2-3 people present!
If you have any questions, you can also contact Suzanne Gray, IES School Counselor at 803-476-4261, or email@example.com.
Welcome to Our New SRO: Officer Smith
Welcome to Our Second Support Nurse: Nurse Osolin! She will support IES and Nurse Nobles on Monday and Tuesday each week.
Car and Bus Rider Update
A few reminders for morning car line:
- Have students ready to exit - (mask on; lunch box, book bag and water bottle ready to go when you pass the first tower.
- Students may begin exiting cars after the first tower.
- Pull all the way to the end of the sidewalk past the main tower.
- For safety, students must exit the car on the passenger side. If your student needs to exit from the driver's side, please pull past the covered drop off area and ask a staff member to assist your student exiting the car.
5th Grade 2020-2021 Yearbook Dedication Ads: Deadline March 10th
Please use the website link above to complete the form required to purchase a 5th grade yearbook dedication ad. Be sure to click the "Add to Cart' button to pay for the dedication. Thank you!
Purchase Your IES Yearbook!: Deadline is March 30th
- Yearbook Price $26.00
- IES Online Code is: FMYB100385
- The online ordering site for your yearbook is ready. Your direct link to access your online ordering site is:
Congratulations to Our IES Students Chosen for the D5 Showcase!
FREE PARENT WORKSHOPS- From Special Services -> Click Below
FIVE Virtual Weekly Update:
Hello IES FIVE family,
I hope this message finds you all doing well. The administrative team here at IES has thoroughly enjoyed popping into classrooms this week to highlight our responsible students of the month. We are still working our way through classrooms this coming week and are excited to see all of your students. Our word of the month for March is gratitude. Please discuss how we can show gratitude to others and help us provide students quality examples of gratitude. I know I heard from many of our FIVE teachers about how hard it was to select a student who has been responsible this month as they simply had so many students to choose from. This is great to hear, and we greatly appreciate all of the hard work our families and teachers are putting in to model these words. We would love for some parent opportunities in the classroom. With the digital platform parents can still make in impact in not just our FIVE classrooms but also in the face to face classrooms. If you would like to send me a video explaining a meaningful story where gratitude helped you, we would love to send these examples to our teachers. It is great for our students to see how parents/ guardians have benefited from our positive character traits. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better serve you or your students. We are always here to help and support. Have a great week!
Read Across America (FIVE): please see the below Read Across America schedule. For FIVE students only!
FIVE Dates of Interest:
- Mar. 1-5th Read Across America Week (Dress Up Week)
- Mar. 24th- Early Release day @ 11:40
- April 2nd- Career Day
- Apr. 21st-- Early Release day @ 11:40
- May 13th- Early Release day @ 11:40
- Students are expected to attend all classes with their cameras on in our virtual program. If there is a need for your student's camera to be turned off, please communicate that to the teacher, but still make sure that your child can answer a teacher if called on. If your student is absent, please provide documentation to the classroom teacher. Students must attend class the majority of the day to be marked present.
- If you have attendance concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please look at your child's daily schedule carefully to ensure they are logging into each live Google Meet each day. This includes all related area classes.
- VIDEO: Supporting Students in a Virtual Environment
Students/ parents please use this if you need help and would like someone to provide your with quick support. Typically, we will try to call and walk you through the problem that you may be experiencing.