What is it and how does it function in the body?
The Major Sources
What happens if you don't get enough or too much?
If you dont get enough- you can get fatigue, ketosis (use fat for energy instead of nutrients) it can cause headaches, difficulty focusing, and bad breath,and constipation.
If you get too much - weight gain, tooth decay, and sugar crash
- Your body can convert proteins into carbohydrates
- you get fat because of carbs
- carbs can either have a high or low Glycemic index
- Fruit juice is a form of carbohydrate
- humans can servive without having any carbohydrates at all
Simple chemical structure
In fruit and milk
Provides quick energy
Living things use carbohydrates
Contain one or two sugars
Bacteria use glucose too
Only source of energy for brain and nervous system
You need carbohydrates
Regaurding your health
Simple carbs are used in kitchens and bakery
foundations of restaurant management and culinary arts book