News From Mrs. Jose's Class
Week 7 September 21-25
Continents, Oceans, Latitude, Longitude... Oh My!
Students researched globes, put together puzzles of large continents, and then broke into groups so that they could form plans to transform our room into a globe.
The outcome was completely student driven and completely cool! Two groups worked on taping lines of latitude and longitude across our floor while other groups worked on labeling oceans and directions. We now have large continents hanging from the ceiling completely mapping out our room.
What Will You Find Us Doing This Week?
We will be finishing up our unit on adding and subtracting whole numbers. Our final assessment will be on Friday. Next week will begin working on multiplication.
Publishing our stories has taken us longer than expected but we know that writer's never skip a step or rush the process! We will definitely end this unit on Friday with our published stories.
Last week we learned about empathy. Understanding how empathy can help us predict what a character will do next is a difficult comprehension strategy. So, we will spend a few days this week working on this skill.
Hopefully you've gotten our field trip information!
We will begin learning about Indiana history this week. Over the next few weeks students will work on projects to show what they are learning about Indiana's history. They will present their group projects and we will create a class mural to represent all of the important information that we learn along the way.
Reminders and Events
- Reading logs are to be turned in the first day of every new week (Monday unless we have a long weekend)
- Friday Oct. 1st $1 Hat Day
- Thursday Sept. 24th Author Visit during school
- Friday Sept. 25th CRES Grillin and Chillin Night
- Tuesday Sept. 29th Parent Information Night for our classroom visit from Chaucie's Place (see information attached via email)
- Wednesday Sept.30th Chaucie's Place will visit our room
- Wednesday Sept. 30th Scholastic Orders are due online
- October 1st Roadrunner Rally - Let's get those donations in!
*From the PTO: