Holly Academy News & Views
October 25, 2019
Our students leave HA to go on to be wonderfully successful in high school. Douglas Lutz played on our HA soccer team for three years and was the only freshman on the Varsity Soccer Team at Holly High School this fall. We are so proud that Douglas was awarded a varsity letter on Tuesday! Once a Husky, always a Husky!
Did You Know...
- Our HA middle school typically has an enrollment of 225-275?
- Studies show that a small school environment is often superior to that of a larger school?
- Student attitudes toward school are more positive?
- Levels of extra-curricular participation are higher?
- Academic achievement is often superior?
- Students have a greater sense of belonging?
- Student academic and general self-concepts are higher?
HOW ARE WE DOING?
Number Sense November is coming!!
Many of you are familiar with March is Reading month, well, this year we are adding Number Sense November! Be on the lookout for number lines, activity calendars, problems of the day, and student prizes!
Some simple ways to incorporate math into your child's home life are:
- Have your child help with measuring ingredients for meals.
- Fraction practice with pizza, cookies, cakes. How many halves are in a whole? Quarters? Thirds?
- Playing math games, such as Yahtzee.
- Counting coins.
Number Sense November kicks off next Friday! Let's make November count!
Holly Academy Education Foundation will be hosting a Tacos and Trivia Night on November 8th. HAEF is seeking to raise money for immediate and long term classroom initiatives. The more sponsors we have, the more money we can raise. We’re asking for your help! Please tell us about businesses or families you believe might want to sponsor this event. There are opportunities for sponsorship at various levels. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Oct. 28 - Spirit Week begins
- Oct. 30 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in the media center
- Nov. 1 - End of 1st marking period
- Nov. 1 - Half-day, dismiss at 11:30, free dress down day
- Nov. 4 - Picture retake day
- Nov. 6 - Mackinac fundraiser at Culver's in Fenton from 5:00 - 8:00pm
- Nov. 7 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the media center
- Nov. 8 - PBIS dress down day, $1.00
- Nov. 11 - Cookie dough delivered
- Nov. 12 - 5th grade to Middle School Transition Night 6:00pm in the auditorium
- Nov. 13 - New Family Town Hall Meeting 8:00am in the media center
- Nov. 13 - Report cards are sent home
- Nov. 15 - PTO dress down day, $1.00
- Nov. 18-25 - Vision screening for Y5, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th grades
- Nov. 20 - 5th grade Mackinac fundraiser at Hungry Howies in Holly
- Nov. 22 - Dec. 10 - 5th grade Mackinac and 8th grade DC Pop Daddy fundraiser
- Nov. 25-26 - Parent-teacher conferences
- Dec. 18 - 5th grade Mackinac fundraiser at Hungry Howies in Holly