Our Schedule Next Week
Monday: No School
Tuesday: Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
Walking to the Pumpkin Patch! Please bring a sack lunch and make sure your child has their $3 to buy their own pumpkin :) Stay tuned for pictures!
Wednesday: P.E Day & Library
** wear tennis shoes!
Thursday: Art Day
Brown Day!! Please dress your child in something Brown!!
Friday: PE Day
**wear tennis shoes!
What did we learn this week?
Last week we worked with the letter T. We did a sort with picture cards that start with a t and end with a t. Everyone did a great job working with the letter t.
Continuing with our observations, we have explored our classroom fish a little more. We made predictions for the fish's behavior and what would happen if we put a "tunnel" inside the aquarium. We spent a good 10 minutes staring at the fish waiting for him to do some sort of trick and go through the tunnel!
Big shout out to Mrs. McConnell our librarian. She always puts together wonderful library lessons for the class. This week they read a color book and then did a smart board lesson to sort pictures by colors! We LOVE the library!!
Next Week We Will...
- Unit: Spiders, Pumpkins
- Letters: A and the short a sound like Alligator
- Sight words- Have, Is, At, See Review Old Words- I, am, go, to, little, is, like, a, the
- Math: Writing numbers to 15, Counting groups of objects to 15, Counting to 25 starting at any given number, Learning Tally Marks
- Science: Snail Exploration
Just a couple random pics from the week.
Twitter & Instagram
What can I do at home to help my child??
- First and foremost- practice writing your child's name EVERY NIGHT. I can't beg you to do this enough :)
- Writing the alphabet letters- capital and lowercase. If you need alphabet paper from me, just ask!
- Practice writing numbers 1-10
- Counting to 20 (at least)
- Tying their shoes by themselves!!!
- Writing their sight words from the week- I always list the new words in the "next week we will above"
- Read with your child EVERY night or as much as you can!! Please, please, please!
Mark Your Calendar!
Mrs. McDaniel's Wish List
- rubber witches fingers to use while reading to point to words (these can be found at walmart or target)
- large plain white tshirts (adult size) for students to wear during science as lab coats!!