Jackson Jaguars ROAR 2021-2022
Welcome back to a new year! On behalf of the Jackson Staff, we welcome you back to what we know will be a great school year!
I know that you may have some questions as the beginning of our school year is quickly approaching. I wanted to reach out with the hopes of answering some of those questions and to share some other important information.
Please visit our school website at https://www.d11.org/Domain/37 for school supply lists and information (also see below).
If you have an updated address on file, you should have, received a letter in the mail with our Frequently Asked Questions, a Sample Schedule for your child's grade level, and a welcome letter from me. Please make sure to read our Frequently Asked Questions sheet for all necessary information!
Finally, my monthly communication, The Jackson Jaguar ROAR, will come out on the first Sunday of every month with pictures, updates, important information, and school dates and events. Please be sure to have your email updated with the front office, check out Class Dojo (coming soon!), and 'like' us on Facebook at Jackson Elementary D11.
As always, if you still have some questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
We are excited to see you and your Jaguar(s) soon!
Principal, Jackson Elementary
Open House-August 13th 4:00-6:00pm
While masks are not mandatory at this time, please note that Open House is typically a large event, with many people in close proximity. Wearing a mask is encouraged, but not mandatory!
We will see you on the 13th!
As you are well aware, COVID continues to impact many of our daily routines. Last year, numerous procedures were in place to ensure a safe and clean learning environment. While we will be eliminating some of those practices, others will still be in place. Please know that our procedures can change quickly based on CDC and El Paso County Health requirements. As these changes happen, we will be sure to communicate them with you.
- Masks are REQUIRED for any person riding public transportation, which includes our school buses. If your child rides the bus to or from school they MUST wear a mask, while on the bus.
- Masks are highly recommended indoors for everyone regardless of vaccination status but they are not required.
- Those students or staff who choose to wear a mask will be allowed to do so.
- If a student or adult is showing symptoms of being ill, especially those that are consistent with COVID, they are highly encouraged to stay home.
- If symptoms are not resolved within 48 hours then the symptomatic person would be required to get a COVID test to return. If negative, and symptoms are getting better, they could return.
Positive or Presumed Positive:
- If someone tests positive for COVID-19 they will be required by public health to isolate for a minimum of 10 days.
- They may return to school on day 11 IF they do not have a fever and symptoms are improving. We know that not all symptoms may go away within the 10 day isolation window so we will work with families on what steps need to be taken.
- Families must report positive cases or exposure to positive cases to the school so that we can take appropriate actions within the building.
- Due to the nature of COVID-19 and its spread, quarantines are still possible during the 2021-2022 school year.
- We have more guidance on targeted quarantines and hope to be able to keep students in school as much as possible and not have to quarantine entire classes, grade levels, etc.
- Should there be a need to quarantine we will alert families as quickly as possible so that you can make arrangements as needed.
School Cleaning Practices/Student Hygiene:
- The staff at Jackson will continue to maintain our cleaning practices that were enhanced last year.
- Multiple times daily we sanitize common areas (i.e., restrooms) and commonly touched surfaces.
- Classrooms are all provided a soap/water and mild detergent for sanitizing opportunities during the school day.
- Nightly, when students and staff are gone, we use stronger cleaning solution to sanitize all classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc.
- Our ventilation system will continue to work at 150% airflow to keep fresh air consistently moving through the building.
School Supply List 2021-2022 School Year
Technology for 2021-2022
All students will be receiving a tech device to use for the 2021-2022 school year, provided by the district. This device will be something that students will use daily in class and then take home for nightly charging and can be used for homework. Prior to students taking the device home families will need to sign a "User Agreement" that will be available at Open House and on the first day of school.
DEVICES WILL NOT BE SENT HOME WITHOUT A COMPLETED "USER AGREEMENT" FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
Kinder-2nd grade students will receive an iPad and students in grades 3rd-5th will receive a Google Chromebook. Students will be taught how to use the devices here at school. If you have questions or are needing some tech support, please contact our Library Technology Educator, Mrs. Rhonda Sobecki at email@example.com or call her at 719.328.5824.
Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-328-5824.
Attendance Line: 719.328.5813
Mrs. Sara Miller, Principal: email@example.com
Mrs. Tricia Shirola, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Becky Hemphill, Staff Assistant: email@example.com
Mrs. Leslie Clinite-Ruiz, Social Worker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs.Rhonda Sobecki, Library Technology Teacher: email@example.com
Mrs. Jennifer Johns, Teaching & Learning Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Taryn Wynkoop, Teaching & Learning Coach: email@example.com
Staff contact information can be found here: https://www.d11.org/domain/733