"Still I Rise" By. Maya Angelou
Diamond , Veranya , Catlyn
- Maya Angelou was born April 4th, 1928 & passed away on May 28, 2014.
- Maya home town was St,Louis, Missouri.
- In addition her three major contributes to society was an historian, director, and songwriter/singer.
- Also Maya three major contributes to literature were an author of a 5 part television show called " Three Way Choice". Prize winning documentaries including "Afro Americans in the Arts" ,and a PBS special for which she received the Golden Eagle Award.
- Tony award twice
- Fun fact: Maya was granted the National Medal of Arts in 2000,and the Presidential Medal of freedom by President Barack Obama in 2010.
Poem: "Still I Rise"
Haughty: proud and vain to the point of arrogance
Indignant: marked by anger aroused by injustice
Current Event: The Supreme s Go to Church , about woman not having the same equal rights as men.
This is a reflection of " Still i Rise" because Maya is trying to prove people wrong and that she can do it as a woman whatever anybody thinks.