The News Flash
Florence Twp. School District -- 2022-2021 -- #12
Reminder about our school calendar
Tuesday, November 3 -- schools shall be closed to in-person instruction however, daily instruction will occur virtually (per NJ Executive Order 177). Students and staff will maintain the hybrid schedule.
Thursday, November 5 -- school closed for NJEA Teacher Convention
Friday, November 6 -- school closed for NJEA Teacher Convention
Safe Travel is a must
With Halloween, the various days off, and holidays right around the corner, we want to remind everyone to be safe and conscious of their health and surroundings at all times. We must do our parts for the safety of our community. Please always be mindful of proper care to remain safe and protected at all times:
Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose;
* Follow social distancing;
* Wash your hands frequently; and
* If you are sick, stay home.
Please see below for the latest information from the NJ Department of Health:
There has been an increase in transmissions associated with gatherings, especially tumbling. As the weather turns cooler, a reminder that indoor gatherings should be limited to immediate household members. As people plan for holidays and celebrations, limit the number of close relatives and friends, and plan parties outdoors around a fire pit or patio heater.
If you plan on traveling over the holidays, please remember that there are many states on the travel advisory list. Anyone leaving NJ to travel to a state on the travel advisory list should quarantine for 14 days upon returning to NJ.
If your child should come into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please fill out the health screening form and contact the school nurse ASAP so we can minimize contact within the school setting. We appreciate everyone doing their part to keep our students and schools safe during this time!
Meal Distribution Change for Next Week
Please be advised that next week, Monday, November 2nd through Friday, November 6th, there will not be any daily in-person meals.
All meals will be distributed on a virtual bulk basis only. Pick up will be Monday, November 2nd, and Thursday, November 5th, between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm at the Riverfront School door #11. Please be sure to sign up in the cafeteria tab on the district website.
For further questions/information please contact Gail Wolsh at Gail.Wolsch@sodexo.com or 609-499-4600 x2185.
Please click here to take a quick survey in regards to your child's current hybrid/virtual learning. We want to know what you think!
IMPORTANT HEALTH SCREENING REMINDER
Starting Monday, October 26th, we have revised our daily health form practice.
Important to know:
- Students are now only required to submit one form for the week (you do not need to fill out a daily form).
- This form must be submitted the first day your child's cohort returns to the building, in most cases, it will be Monday.
- The form's submission certifies that your child is not displaying any symptoms that indicate a possible illness that may decrease the student's ability to learn and also put them at risk of spreading illness to others; your child has not been in close contact or potential exposure with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 (this includes travel to areas identified on the New Jersey travel advisory list).
- If your child is sick or showing any symptoms throughout the week, please keep your child home, have them participate virtually, and contact the school nurse to let them know of their illness.
Don't forget to call
Help us help others in our FTSD community
We are excited to announce the start of our Annual Community Food Drive combining our Thanksgiving and Holiday food drive, which benefits over 100 families in the Florence/Roebling area. All students are asked to donated food items on the list below. Donating is easy. Please send your donation to the school (each homeroom has a box) by Friday, November 20th for Thanksgiving and/or December 11th for the Holiday Drive.
We also happily accept turkeys and monetary donations or gift cards to cover fresh food items for each basket. Every little bit helps and is much appreciated!