A Guide to Bunburying
A step by step guide on how to bunbury.
Why would you need to Bunbury?
Step one: Necessities
1. Your fake name has to be something easy to remember. If you cant remember the name after a day maybe you should choose a different one.
2. Come up with a common story on why you need to see this person. Come up with something you can use many times over like a sickness or he/she gets into trouble.
3.Come up with a different style and look for your other person. Wear something that will differentiate you from your false identity like a make mustache or wig. Do this in case a friend of your real self sees you as your fake self.
Step two: Precautions
- You need 2 or more cellphones depending on how many identities you have. Only having one cellphone could be confusing and risky if you answer as the wrong person. If getting 2 cellphones is too complicated you should go through all of your contacts and somehow separate them by your identities. You could make one ringtone for one identity and another for your other identity or if you false name happens to be Joe you could go through and write you friends name, lets say is Bob, and then write Joe as the last name. Bob Joe.
- In order to make it easier on yourself, don't use any social networking sites. This could lead to one of your friends wanting to meet your fake friend and it can get tricky from their. You also should not allow anyone to take photos or videos of you while in your fake identity. Someone could easily post them on Instagram or Facebook for the whole world to see how much you look like them.
- This may be one of the most important rules....DON'T TELL ANYONE YOUR SECRET! Whoever you tell will somehow screw it up for you by trying it on their own without reading this amazing packet and expose your whole identity!
Step Three: Escape Plan
- Have a bag packed full of necessities ready at all times
- Buy a one way ticket to the Kerguelen Islands in the South Indian Ocean
- Change your name to something that has no resemblance to any of your past names.
- Get rid of all electronics from your past life and buy new ones