We Are Together Tamanend!
December 17, 2012
We always say that "We Are Together Tamanend." In the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, it is even more important that we stick together. One way that we do this is to continue practicing and evaluating our safety and security procedures. Additionally, we talked today with students about the impact we can each have on the well-being of others. Everyone grieves in their own way, that goes for adults and children alike. At times like this, it is critical that we listen to each other, support each other, and reach out for help if we ourselves need support, or if we see someone else who might need help with their feelings. If you know a TMS student who is struggling, as always, please contact the Guidance Office at 267.893.2910. We are together a stronger and safer Tamanend.
Lost and Found
Last Week's Tamanend Connections
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- Parents of 9th Graders: If you would like to submit a baby picture of your 9th graders along with a few words for the TMS 2013 yearbook, please see our online flyer for more information. All photos and notes must be submitted by December 21, 2012.
- It is not too late... Kelly Anne Dolan In-lieu-of-Gift cards are available in the TMS Guidance Office. Notify Mrs. Loudenslager or donate online: http://dolanfund.org/account (please note "Tamanend" when donating online).
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.