Special Edition-School Reopening
Minutos de Mrs. Hutchins
Hello Fronteras Families,
Thank you for your patience while we’ve worked through new protocols, requirements, schedules, questions, etc. Information continues to change daily. We will communicate updates as they become available. Please remember that this school year looks very different. The “usual” way of doing things is just not an option this year. There is no way around it. We’re going to do our best, but it’s going to look and feel different. Please understand that everything new is in place for everyone’s health and safety.
Below are the latest updates:
· Open House is virtual this year – the YouTube link is provided below!
· Art, Music, PE will be on a 3-week rotation. Schedules will be provided. Specials will use the outdoors as much as weather permits.
· Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, there will be NO in school volunteers at this time
· Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, parents may not walk their students in to school – students must enter on their own through their designated entry door (see entry door assignments below) – staff will be supervising and welcoming students at each entry and assisting in hallways
· There are no After School Clubs at this time EXCEPT Middle School Cross Country (coach Stamoolis will send information to interested athletes)
· Due to COVID-19 demand – K-5 elementary virtual learning will begin after August 28th. Teachers will keep all At Home families updated. At Home learners will participate in activities that In Person learners will be doing as they are part of that homeroom class.
· iPads will be checked out to At Home students and assigned to all In Person students prior to Aug. 28th
· If your child is having difficulty with the idea of having to wear a mask, help them by being calm and supportive, and then have fun with it! Encourage them to select masks that speaks to their personality. Remember, children feel our emotions. When we’re calm; they’re calm. When we're positive, they're positive.
· Middle school students will have staggered transitions between their three classrooms
· K and 1st classes will transfer between their two classrooms
· 2nd-5th grade teachers will move to each classroom – students will remain in their homeroom
· Students will eat lunch in their classroom. Each classroom has a microwave to heat food. Please limit amount of food needing a microwave.
**students eating lunch in Ms. Pierce's room this year will not have access to a microwave, pack only a cold lunch.
Entry Door Assignment:
K & 1 – Front door
2/3 & 3/4 – Green Hallway (playground side of building)
4/5 – Yellow Hallway (opposite playground side of building)
6/7/8 – Orange Hallway (back of building)
· Fronteras Middle School holds classes five days a week
· Fronteras Middle School teachers will utilize APEX for all content areas with supplemental in-class materials, lectures, videos, projects, etc.
· Fronteras Kindergarten through 5th grade will utilize virtual learning platform with supplemental in-class supplies, lectures, videos, projects, etc.
· K-5 students will have lunch in classrooms
· K-5 students will have recess each day as weather allows; when indoor recess is required, students will remain in classrooms
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
"We come in different shapes and sizes. Each one of us unique. But when we get together, Fronteras is complete!"
Click on the link below for the Fronteras Open House YouTube Videos!
2020-2021 Fronteras School Calendar!
Lunch time reminders:
- No Top Ramen or Cup of Noodles unless precooked and stored in a thermos. Top Ramen and Cup of Noodles takes too long to microwave causing safety issues and not allowing enough time for your child to eat their lunch
- No lunch items requiring more than a minute to microwave
- Students need to bring a labeled water bottle every day to school
Middle School Cross Country
Coach Joel Stamoolis is excited to lead the Middle School Cross Country Running Team. The team is open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders at Fronteras who have a desire to run in a positive environment.
Practices will be held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:45 to 3:45 PM. Practices will begin on Wednesday, August 19th on the field behind the school! Please click on the provided link below to register!
School Dismissal Manager
SDM sent families an email on Wednesday, August 14th with necessary information to access SDM. Parents/guardians of Fronteras students no longer need to call the front office to make changes to their child’s afternoon dismissal plans. You will do it all at your convenience!
Visit www.schooldismissalmanager.com today to download the app or click on the provided link below!
Not sure if your check or cash made it to the school to pay for that important item or activity? Who lost it? The school? you? your child? Funds weren't received, therefore, your child can't participate or receive?
Have no fear, SchoolCash Online is here! For safety, efficiency and the reduction of cash and checks coming into our schools, the MSBSD has implemented SchoolCash Online! It takes less than 5 minutes to register to start enjoying the convenience of paying online and fast! To set up a SchoolCash Online account, click on the link below!