Weekly Updates - Students/Parents
October 23, 2023
Monday, October 23, 2023 - Regular Bell Schedule
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 1 Hour Advisory
- 12th Grade Debates
- Multilingual Family Meeting 9-10 AM -IN PERSON
Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 1 Hour Advisory
- Fall Sports Pep Rally
- Home & School Monthly Meeting (Virtual) -7 PM
Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 1 Hour Advisory
- Community Meeting
- Vote Early Day Trip
Friday, October 27, 2023 - Schools Closed for Students
- Professional Development
SAVE THE DATE: PARADE OF HORRORS - 10/31/23 - REMEMBER TO REGISTER!
MULTILINGUAL FAMILY MEETING
MULTILINGUAL FAMILY MEETING
Tuesday, Oct 24, 2023, 09:00 AM
Please join our Bilingual Counseling Assistants (BCAs) and administrators for an opportunity to get your questions answered and learn what supports are available to students and families in multiple languages. BCAs will be present in Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Vietnamese and Indonesian. Please RSVP here.
Home & School Meeting & Info.
BUY A PALUMBO T-SHIRT!!!
Jump at this chance to rep BOTH Palumbo and our Phightin' Phils! Buy this t-shirt. Only $15.00! Proceeds benefit the school. The shirt is Phillies blue, and the lettering is the throwback dark red.
FAMILY IN NEED OF YOUR SUPPORT
Dear Friends, Family, and Kindhearted Strangers,
We are reaching out for your help. A School District of Philadelphia family who has children at Academy at Palumbo and George W. Nebinger School recently experienced a tragic house fire that has left them not only without a roof over their heads, but also without most of their cherished belongings.
The family needs our support so they can rebuild their lives and get back on their feet. This GoFundMe campaign has been created by the Academy at Palumbo Home & School Association to raise funds that will go towards:
- replacing clothing for this family of three
- providing basic necessities, personal items, school supplies
- funding to help them relocate and make a new place home again
Even a small donation can make a big difference. Please consider contributing and sharing this campaign with your network. Your kindness will remind them that they are not alone.
Thank you for your generosity.
The Academy at Palumbo HSA
Donations will be given to the family in need.
Weekly Shout Outs
- To the Health & Phys. Ed. Department for displaying extreme patience and grace as we deal with repairs to the gyms due to the water damage from the sprinkler system.
- To the Griffins Football team and Coach Reca, Coach Kay, Coach McKnight, and all the boys for taking first place in the American Division with their 20-6 win over Edison! This is truly a monumental accomplishment as it is the first time in program history Palumbo has won the division in football. Best of luck in the Playoffs!
- Good luck to Nasya Fountain and John Hiester as they compete with Philadelphia City Rowing at the Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston this weekend! This is the largest Regatta in the world and offers students students the opportunity to compete in some of the best crews in the country, meet college coaches and tour the Boston area.
Parade of Horrors - Halloween Day!!!
POLL WORKERS & TRANSLATORS NEEDED FOR ELECTION DAY - PAID OPPORTUNITY
Dear Palumbo Families,
Did you know you can work at the polls on Election Day and get paid? No experience necessary, and it's a great addition to your resume. You can earn $250 for the training and working Election Day on November 7th!
There are 3 jobs students can do:
- Clerk - Have people sign-in with an electronic poll book.
- Machine Inspector - Set up and operate the voting machines.
- Bilingual Interpreter - Help people that need language access (If you do more than one job, you can be paid up to $295).
If you'll be 17 on Election Day, follow these steps: Complete the online application: tinyurl.com/PhillyPollWorker17 Print out the signature form and ask your parent/guardian and your principal to sign the form. If you'll be 18 or older on Election Day, follow these steps: Register to Vote: payouth.vote/register (use a phone or touchscreen) Apply for a Mail-In Ballot: Vote.PA.gov/MailBallot. You'll vote by mail so you can work on Election Day.
If you want to also be a Bilingual Interpreter, apply here: Vote.Phila.gov/Working-the-Polls/Bilingual-Interpreters
If you'll be 17 on Election Day, follow these steps:
Complete the online application: tinyurl.com/PhillyPollWorker17
Print out the signature form and ask your parent/guardian and your principal to sign the form.
If you'll be 18 or older on Election Day, follow these steps:
Register to Vote: payouth.vote/register (use a phone or touchscreen)
Apply for a Mail-In Ballot: Vote.PA.gov/MailBallot. You'll vote by mail so you can work on Election Day.
If you have any questions, contact the City Commissioners' Office: Involved17@phila.gov.
Important - Medical Forms need updating
There are two medical forms that need yearly updating for all students. If you have not already done so, please complete the medical information form and the med-1 form which allows our nurse to administer medication to students while in school.
If your student tests positive for Covid, the reporting form can be found here as well.
Please contact nurse Stevens at email@example.com if you have questions.
Student / Parent Handbook
2023-2024 Student/Parent Handbook
The Academy at Palumbo High School Student/Parent Handbook 2023 - 2024 1100 Catharine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147 (p) 215-400-8130 (f) 215-400-8131 palumbo.philasd.org Ms. Kiana L. Thompson, Principal Ms. Charmelia D. Bond, Assistant Principal TABLE OF CONTENTS Academy at Palu...
The Academy at Palumbo Athletic Handbook 2022/23
The Academy at Palumbo High School Athletics Handbook 2023 - 2024 1100 Catharine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147 (p) 215-400-8130 (f) 215-400-8131 palumbo.philasd.org Ms. Kiana L. Thompson, Principal Ms. Charmelia D. Bond, Assistant Principal Mr. Sam Sheridan, Athletic Director GO...
Parent Portal Registration Directions
Parent and Family Portal - Family & Community Engagement
In anticipation of next week's weather forecast, the School District of Philadelphia is making schedule adjustments for schools without air conditioning or schools with inadequate cooling. Read more HERE. The School District of Philadelphia is proud to offer a tool that parents and family members may use to stay connected to their child and their school.