by Abby Swan
- born on June 27,1880 in Tuscumbia,Alabama.
- destroyed her sight and hearing at the age of about 11/2.
- until she was 10 years old,Keller could only talk with sign language.
- when she was 7 her father hired a teacher named Anne Sullivan.
- by time she was 16 she could communicate well enough to go with her through these years.
- Keller worked with soldiers who had been blinded in the war.Wherever she appeared,she brought courage to blind people.
- Keller's books have been translated into more than 50 languages.
- she died on June 1,1968.
- she became a famous author and speaker.