ADL Announcements 11/14/2019
(These are sent each Thursday school is in session.)
- Thursday, November 14, 7:00 PM, Fall Band Concert
- Tuesday, November 19, Katherine Arden Author Visit to ADL
- Thursday, November 21, 6-8:00 PM, Alchemy Parent Meeting in cafeteria
- Friday, November 22, 12:10-2:20 PM, Unified Sports Team to Spare Time
- Mon-Tues, November 25-26, Teacher In-Service (NO CLASSES)
- Wed-Fri, November 27-29, School Closed
- Monday, December 2, 6:30 PM, Musical meeting for parents/guardians and students in the cafeteria
- Friday, December 6, Afterschool Movie for students, 3:30-5:30 PM in library
- Thursday, December 12, 7:00 PM, Holiday Concert
- Mon-Wed, December 23-January 1, Holiday Recess/School Closed
Fall Band Concert Reception
Katherine Arden Author Visit
On Tuesday, November 19th, Vermont author Katherine Arden will be doing presentations for all students in the library!
Ms. Arden is the bestselling author of ADL favorites Small Spaces and its sequel, Dead Voices. She's also written the amazing Winternight Trilogy. We are so excited to have her visit with us, tell us about her writing process, and share excerpts from the upcoming third installment of the Small Spaces series.
Order forms are available in the main office and library, and Ms. Arden will be available to sign books after her presentations. Phoenix Books, our incredible community partner, is offering a 20% discount on Small Spaces and Dead Voices for ADL students. Checks can be made payable to ADL.
Winter Coats/Blanket Drive 10/28-11/15
With the cold season among us, we want to give back and help those in need around the Burlington area. In Vermont today, there are over 1,000 people who have no where to call home. By donating your unneeded blanket and coats we can help those stay warm this season.
Help Saint Michael's College help our community! ADL has a box in the main office for donations. Donate your blankets and coats!!
Team Alchemy Message
Will add information as clubs start meetings.
- Art Club will start on Friday, November 1st, 3:15-4:30 PM, and meet every other Friday in the Art room. Mrs. Logan is the advisor.
- Chess, Cribbage and Card Playing Club meets every Wednesday morning from 7:15-8:15 in Mr. Gustafson's room #C6.
- D&D Club meets every other Thursday from 3:15-5:00 PM in Mrs. Kurnit's room, C10. Upcoming meeting dates are 11/14, 12/5 and 12/19. If you are interested in joining, contact Mrs. Kurnit.
- Dance Club will meet on Thursdays, 3:30-4:15 PM. Meet in front of the health office. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary! Mrs. Dalla-Mura is the advisor.
- Doodle Club will start on Friday, October 25, 3:15-4:30 PM, and meet every other Friday in the Art room. Mrs. Logan is the advisor.
- Fiber Arts Club Do you want to make a MONSTER? The club will be making needle felted monsters this fall. The club meets every Thursday morning from 7:30 to 8:10 in room B20. No experience necessary and the supplies will be provided. Mrs. Bilodeau-Meek is the advisor.
- Geo Bee
- International Club Do you like to travel? Visit new places? Do you find people, places and food from around the world interesting? Then come to our first meeting after school in Madame Tupaj's room C26 on Thursday, November 14th, 3:15-4:00 PM. We're going to have a lot of fun as we travel the world with music, maps and of course, there will be food!
- Math Club is on Wednesdays, 3:15-4:15 PM, in room B23. Mrs. Zimmerman is the advisor. This year ADL will be giving the AMC 8 exam on Thursday, November 14 after school. This is a national math exam for middle school students. There are 25 questions and it takes about 60 minutes. If you are interested in participating you must see Mrs. Zimmerman by November 8th. Space is limited.
- Yearbook Club meetings will be on Tuesdays at 2:15 in room B5. Ms. Edwards is the advisor.
Want to keep updated on the ADL PAWS projects and events?
Don't miss out! "Like" the "PAWS ADL" page on Facebook today! The facebook page will share info about ongoing opportunities to support your school community at ADL. From volunteering your time, donating baked goods, to events we'll be hosting for ADL students and family, there are lots of things to like! Click below to "like" our Facebook page and stay connected and involved!