Monday Morning Memo: ECMS
Week #24 February 1- February 5
Words of Inspiration...
TEACH, LEARN, and be GREAT this week!
5- Day Forecast
- Happy School Guidance Counselor Week
- Leadership meeting at 9:30am in the Principal's Conference room
- Academic Bowl at Manchester: Match time- 4:30
- B'ball: EC@ Smokey Road: Game time- 4:45
Tuesday, February 2
- AdvancED visits East Coweta Middle School
Wednesday, February 3
- SBLT mtg.- Canceled (thank you for all your work preparing for AdvancED)
- Department Chair mtg,- Canceled (thank you for all your work preparing for AdvancED)
- B'ball: EC@ Madras: Game time- 4:45
Thursday, February 4
- Happy Thursday!
Friday, February 5
- Happy Friday!
- Dr. Jackson @Jackson Street for a meeting
- B'ball: EC@ Lee: Game time- 4:45
- Valentine's Day Dance
- District Honor Band
To Do List/Reminders
- Letter of Intent is due to the principal's office on or before February 2, 2016.
- Posting window for ECMS closes at 11:59pm on February 9th.
- Start thinking about the Virtual Milestones Video to upload to our website for your subject area. What MUST they know to be successful on the Milestones in your subject area? This is a great time to use the Green Screen in the Media Center. Get your students involved.
- Feedback for new Science Standards: > Survey for Feedback of Revised Science Standards
- Begin collaboration with your content partner about take home Milestones practice resources for students. Examples include but are not limited to websites, packets, workbooks, GADOE Milestones study guides, and online review sites.
- Begin collaborating with your content partner about students who will benefit from small group remediation review sessions for the Milestones Test.
You Just Can't Hide that Indian Pride!
Congratulations Megan on earning a 1st place ribbon in the Coweta County School System Science Fair.
We are proud of all our Science Fair participants. Thank you to Ms. Barnett and Ms. DuCharme for guiding our students in this worthwhile experience.
Under the leadership of Officer Kirk and Coach Smith, our FCA donates water to the citizens of Flint, Michigan. #EC Pride
TEACHING and LEARNING at ECMS...
Art work from Ms. Tillison's classes. Walk by the art room to see more art work from our students.
Milestones Resource Page: https://www.smore.com/p9ez4 (thanks Jessica Slaton)
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors:
Study resources from the GADOE: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOG-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx
General Information about Milestones Testing this year: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JQ1xiuZ6pD9bi9VC_7mRBMhVhkhn5KczMwFOlpai3IY/edit#slide=id.p4