Big Bend Country

The western part of Texas!

Ecoregion

Big bend is on the west side of Texas. It has diverse habitats and vegetation from desert valleys and plateaus, to wooded mountain slopes.



Catastrophic events in Big Bend include wildfires, and really small earthquakes. 90% of wildfires are cause by humans and the remaining 10% are started by lightning or lava.




Wild fires impact the ecosystem by burning down trees, kill animals, and can lead to sufficient flooding.




The Big Bend Country has river erosion caused by the rivers.

Watershed

An area or ridge that separates waters flowing to different rivers, basins, or seas.

Big Bend Country

Major Aquifer: Hueco-Mesilla Bolson

All of Big Bend Country

This is the map of the Big Bend Country.