Shawnee Trail Elementary
April 4, 2016
FISD Kinder Round-Up
Parents of students who live in Frisco ISD and will be five years of age or older on or before September 1, 2016 are eligible to attend kindergarten.
- April 4-8, 2016
- 9 AM to 2 PM daily
- Extended hours will be available Tuesday, April 5 until 7 PM
The Shawnee Trail kinder tour is scheduled for Wednesday, May 18th from 8:30-9:30.
March and April Character Trait Focus is Social Emotional Intelligence
Although there is some disagreement about the exact terminology to use, social and emotional intelligence both refer to the ability to understand your own and others’ feelings and emotions and then to use this understanding to inform your decisions and actions. Socially/emotionally intelligent people solve interpersonal problems quickly by understanding what is upsetting others and being empathetic to these concerns. They tend to recognize when they've said something that made someone uncomfortable and know what makes others "tick.” Socially/emotionally intelligent people are able to thrive in many different relationships and settings because they quickly learn the social rules.
Online Tools for Homework and Study Skills -Also check grade level web sites.
- www.Quizlet.com – Students can create flashcards and study guides to review material online or on a mobile device. Created by high-school students in 2007, the site has more than 40 million study sets generated by users.
- www.Storybird.com – This site helps students create a story or poem or present material using a variety of illustrations.
- www.KhanAcademy.org – Brief tutorials on a wide array of topics and grade levels.
- https://www.hwtears.com/hwt/parents/parent-extras -Handwriting Without Tears (FISD adopted) aims to make legible and fluent handwriting a skill that students can master easily. The program is simple for parents to use at home. Downloads and PDFs of the curriculum overview, letter formation charts and teaching guidelines by grade level are included under the Parent Extras tab.
- Monday, May 9th (3rd and 4th grade math, 5th math retakes)
- Tuesday, May 10th (3rd and 4th grade reading, 5th math retakes)
- Wednesday, May 11th (5th grade science)
Open House is THIS TUESDAY, May 3rd!
- K-2 5:45-6:30
- 3-5 6:45-7:15
Wednesday, May 11th
- National School Nurses Day
Friday, May 20th
- Field Day
- Volunteer Appreciation Lunch (Shawnee Trail Library)
Thursday, May 26th
- 5th Grade EOY Field Trip
Friday, May 27th
- No School -Bad weather make-up day