What Does The Fox Say?
September 21, 2023
In lieu of a principal letter, Natalia Salata, English Language Development Teacher shares a story with our community...
My experiences as a Hispanic woman living in the United States
In order to express my experiences as a Hispanic, I felt I needed an image. I found this picture a long time ago and saved it for no reason other than it brought a feeling of home. This image looks like El Lago Titicaca in Bolivia. Seeing this image has brought me nostalgia for my own country. There is not a day that I don’t miss my family, language and culture. My experiences while living in the United States have helped me understand to not assume a country has only one language or one culture. My experiences have also helped me understand the immense amount of knowledge we can gain by listening and learning from others.
I have experienced challenges such as language barriers when I wanted to communicate in a way that conveyed a high degree of understanding. However, this challenge and many others have only helped me embrace and accept the life of being bilingual. From every experience I have learned to be more resilient or able to see my environment with a different lens.
In this image, you see a lonely little boy, but perhaps you could also see that this boy is surrounded by wisdom and real-life experiences that were learned through hardship, sacrifice, and through his own culture. If this little boy were in my classroom, I would be so excited, and curious to see what he would be writing about and what connections he would make.
Something that has stuck with me in my two decades of teaching as a Hispanic woman is that learning is a constant process. So many of us expect perfection when in reality we learn so much more through our own mistakes.
- Natalia Salata, ELD Teacher
9/22/23: District PD Day - No School
9/25/23: Inspire PD Day - No School
10/2/23: Fox Trot, PTO Fundraiser
10/3/23: Fox Trot, Rain Date
10/6/23: Celebration of Learning, 1:40pm-2:40pm
10/10/23: 5th Grade Field Trip, Planetarium
10/11/23: CSC (virtual) Meeting, 4:00pm-5:30pm
10/12/23: No School, District PD Day
10/12/23: Family Conference Day (evening hours), 3:30pm-6:30pm
10/13/23: No School
10/16/23: No School, Family Conference Day, 7:30am-3:30pm
10/18/23: PTO (in-person) Meeting, 6:30pm-7:30pm
September is Hispanic Heritage Month
Below, find some helpful resources to learn more about Hispanic Heritage Month:
- History and Traditions of Hispanic Heritage Month
- How to Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month 2022 in Denver
- Smithsonian Heritage and History Month Events
- Top Ten Authors of Latino Children’s Books
- Best Sellers in Children's Hispanic & Latino Books
A Reminder About Breakfast
Student must arrive for breakfast between 7:15am-7:25am. Classes begin at 7:40am. It is difficult to get students to class on time if they are coming in after 7:25am for breakfast.
Picture Day Photos Are Ready & Picture Make-up Day
- Go to our Bloom Picture Day Dashboard https://bloomschoolpictures.com/inspire to access your child's photos from Picture Day!
- If you want to sign your child up for Picture Make-up Day to retake their photo or your child was absent during Picture Day, scroll down to "Retakes". Picture Retake Day is 10/25/23.
- If you have any technical questions (access issues), email email@example.com.
Purchase a Yearbook Today!
We have switched yearbook companies this year and will be working with Walsworth Yearbook.
- Why the switch? We want better customer support and a better product. Our customer service representative is a parent of Inspire and has a vested interest in helping us print the best yearbook possible for our students.
- What will be different?
- There will be no customized pages in the front of the book.
- We have expanded the entire book to 88 pages. This will allow for more event photos, grade level photos, and a larger class portrait photo.
- All 5th Grade students will have a free 1/8th page dedication for their child. I will send out additional information to 5th grade families soon.
- Where do I purchase a yearbook? Inspire's online school store is open and yearbooks are on sale at the best price of the year - $25! Prices go up after winter break, so get your copy now! Purchase now at: www.yearbookforever.com.
Celebration of Learning, Friday, 10/6/23, 1:20pm-2:40pm
Celebration of Learning is an opportunity for families to come into the building and hear about what their child is learning. Families should attend either between 1:20pm-1:40pm, based on their child's last name. This is to allow families to move around comfortably within the school and in classrooms. Please attend during the correct timeframe as our staff checking in families will be instructed to follow the schedule below:
- Student Last Names A-K
1:20pm-1:40pm: guest arrival
1:40pm-2:10pm: visit math/literacy classrooms, PE
- Student Last Names L-Z
1:40pm-2:10pm: guest arrival
2:10pm-2:40pm: visit math/literacy classrooms, PE
- All Families
May visit Physical Education (gym)
May also visit the display/bulletin board for:
- Special Education (114B)
- Counselor (inside DGS door #2)
- Intervention/MLE (133)
May also visit Art, Music, STEAM classrooms
Note: Grades 2-3 will be during trimester 2 and Grades K-1 will be during trimester 3
- Pre-Register for Walk-In Entry
- Deadline: Registration closes 2 days before an event. If you are not registered then you must go through the Front Office to check in.
- Complete the registration form for your YOUNGEST child only. When you arrive, you will check in by your YOUNGEST child's grade level.
- Inspire Event Registration
Collaborative School Committee (CSC) Meeting
Wednesday, 10/11/23 from 4:00pm-5:30pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 889 9135 5574
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting
Substance Use Prevention Program Webinar
Denver Health STEP Team
Wednesday, October 4th at 12:00pm