Boulder Hill Elementary
October 21, 2022
About our School
Boulder Hill Elementary School
World-class schools serving caring communities.
We A.R.E. Boulder Hill
(Para ver el boletín en español, haga clic en el icono de funciones de accesibilidad.)
Location: 163 Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery, IL, USA
8:45 AM - DOORS OPEN FOR STUDENT ARRIVAL (there is no supervision prior to 8:45 AM)
9:00 AM - school starts / instruction begins
3:50 PM - end of school / student dismissal
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday - 8:15 AM - 4:15 PM
Boulder Hill School Improvement Plan Goals
Each year Boulder Hill school staff create a School Improvement Plan that outlines goals and action steps to present to the school board. This plan was shared at the October PTA meeting. Once reviewed this plan is made available to the school community on the school website. You may also request to see a copy of the plan in the school main office.
Here are the goals included in the plan:
- Math Goal: Increase student engagement from FALL to SPRING in Math through student group exploration and collaboration opportunities, teacher use of AVID collaborative structures, and teacher professional development offerings as evidenced by classroom walkthrough data collection, peer observation opportunities and artifacts.
- Reading Goal: Increase student engagement from FALL to SPRING in Reading through dedicated independent reading time, teacher use of AVID collaborative structures and teacher professional development offerings as evidenced by classroom walkthrough data collection, peer observation opportunities and artifacts.
- School Culture & Climate Goal: To support staff SEL by increasing the Collaborative Teachers measure on the 5 Essentials by 6 points through regular opportunities for staff to collaborate with one another,as evidenced by staff meeting collaboration opportunities, peer observations/feedback data and artifacts.
Please be on the look out for ways that you can support our school improvement goals.
Boulder Hill Halloween Happenings
On Friday, October 28, Boulder Hill Elementary School will have its Halloween classroom parties. We want to ensure that this day will be a safe and fun day for all students. Attached please find the guidelines that have been developed to assist Boulder Hill staff and volunteers in providing a safe and enjoyable event for each of our students.
Here are some guidelines to highlight (please read the entire document attached for more information):
- Students should come to school dressed in their costumes. Costumes should allow students to participate in and engage in learning activities, lunch and recess throughout the day. It is highly discouraged to send students to school with costumes or costume parts that may become distracting or may impede full participation in activities throughout the day.
- Masks are strongly discouraged. If a mask is worn, the mask must allow the student to have a clear vision for walking. Staff may require students to remove masks during the school day.
- NO WEAPONS of any kind (cap guns, swords, bow/arrows, etc.) will be allowed. Weapons of any kind should not be a part of the school costume. If a student brings any item that resembles a weapon, the item will be confiscated and further action may be taken.
PLEASE NOTE: If any family does not want their student to participate in the activities on this date, please notify the classroom teacher. Students not participating will be supervised by a Boulder Hill staff member and a non-related alternative will be provided.
Here's a list of scheduled Halloween events:
- PTA Halloween Trunk & Treat (Saturday, October 22)
- Halloween Classroom Parties (Friday, October 28 @ 2:30 pm)
- PTA Bingo Night (Friday, October 28 @ 6 pm )
Veterans Day - Boulder Hill looking for Veterans
Dear Boulder Hill Families,
Veterans Day is around the corner. Boulder Hill would like to celebrate and honor the services of our U.S. military on November 10, 2022. We live in freedom and are grateful to the men and women who have/and still help preserve it. If you have any military veterans in your family, we would LOVE to honor them by inviting them to Boulder Hill. This year we would like to invite our Boulder Hill Family Veterans into the classroom. We are looking for veterans who would be interested in spending time in the classrooms for an opportunity to share stories about their branch of service and time in the military. If interested, please email your child’s teacher(s) to schedule a visit from the special guests.
In addition to the classroom visits, we will also create a Veterans Day slideshow. If you have a veteran that you would like to have honored, please have pictures submitted no later than Friday, October 28th. Please submit your picture to Mrs. Blue email@example.com and include;
Branch of Service
Description of where they served, what they did, special commendations, etc.
Student/Staff Name /Veteran’s Relationship to the student or staff
Pictures submitted after the deadline will not be able to be included. If you have questions please contact the main office at (630) 636-2910.
Boulder Hill Fannie May fundraiser going on now!
Boulder Hill gives back to the community- SD308 Annual Food Drive
Thanks to the wonderful and giving Boulder Hill School community we were able to collect 1,441 items and $600 for the Kendall County Food Pantry. We will provide final counts in our next newsletter.
What a way to go TEAM! Proud to be a Bobcat!
Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) test results coming home next week
We have received the student score reports from last school year's annual state test, Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR), that was administered to students in grades 3rd - 5th. We are preparing these scores for distribution. Scores are scheduled to be sent home by Friday, October 21.
Día de los Muertos (Day of the dead)
Boulder Hill will celebrate Día de los Muertos (Day of the dead), which honors the life of a loved one who has passed away. If you would like to join in the celebration, you can fill out the paper that will be sent home with students. There, you can write about a loved one, and explain why they were special in your child's life. In the box, they can draw a picture or include a photograph of that special person. We will use the sheet to decorate the altar that will be placed in the main hallway of the school.
Please return the project no later than Friday, October 21st, and make sure to write your child’s name, as well as the his/her teacher’s.
The BH Rocks Committee
Lost and Found
- COVID-19 cases are not reported by specific classroom, however school data can be found on the metrics page of our website. Cases of COVID-19 are self-reported, these numbers do not contain students/staff who may be out sick but did not report a positive COVID-19 result.
- To report a positive COVID-19 case in a student or staff member, please click here.
- The district's Safety Plan and Metrics can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
- Free Testing is available at several loctions across the state, learn more here.
Dr. Lindsay Allen Memorial Benches fundraiser
Dr. Lindsay F. Allen served as the Director of Elementary Education at Oswego Community Unit School District 308 from 2018-2022. Prior to that, she was Southbury’s principal from 2010-2018 and Assistant Principal from 2008-2010. During her tenure, she was a valued and respected leader, colleague, and friend to the entire SD308 community. Dr. Allen passed away unexpectedly on July 27, 2022.
Please take a look at the district Parent Update newsletter - October 21, 2022
October 21, Friday: Illinois National Principal Appreciation Day October 24 (7:15pm), Monday: Board of Education Meeting @ Oswego East and streaming online October 26 (6:00pm/Virtual), Wednesday:Bilingual Presentation w/ Dr. Ferney: Parents and Children Empowered More Information November 6: Daylight Savings Time "Fall Back" November 10, Thursday:K - High School: 5 Hr Student Attendance/Parent-Teacher Conferences (4-8pm) HS 4-6pm; Early Childhood: No School November 11, Friday:High School: 5 Hr Student Attendance; Early Childhood - 8th Grade: No School/Parent-Teacher Conferences; K-5: End of first Trimester For a complete District Calendar of Events, please click here .
PLEASE LIKE boulderhillpta ON FACEBOOK
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 22 - PTA Trunk & Treat
- October 26 - Fall Pictures retakes
- October 26 @ 6pm: Virutal Bilingual Presentation w/ Dr. Ferney: Parents and Children Empowered- More Information
- October 28 - Classroom parties
- October 28 - PTA Bingo night
- October 31 - Halloween day
- November 1 - Fannie May fundraiser ends
- November 1-2 - Día de los Muertos (Day of the dead)
- November 3 - PTA food night
- November 4 - Kendall County Community Food Pantry Oswego Satellite site
- November 6 - Daylight Savings Time "Fall Back" one hour
- November 7-11 - National School Psychologist Week
- November 8 - Election Day. No School. District Closed.
- November 10 - Veterans honored guest visits
- November 10 - Parent Teacher Conference 2:00 PM dismissal
- November 10 - Parent Teacher Conferences 4PM - 8PM
- November 11 - No School (EC-8th)
- November 11 - End of 1st Trimester
- November 16 - PTA Daughter/VIP event
- November 18 - Watch Dogs Day
- November 23-25 - No School (schools and district closed)
- November 24 - Thanksgiving Day
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health & Wellness are important, but often overlooked. Remember that there are a number of resources available to SD308 students and families.