Monday Morning Message
Glen Burnie High School Social Studies Department, Jan. 11
Semester One: The Final Countdown
The deadlines that are most important for this week are to turn in a copy of your final exam to me for review and your PMOC writing folders by the end of the day on Wednesday, January 13.
If you have any questions about the mid-year packet, please do not hesitate to ask.
January 12: AVID Site Team Visit
January 13: Semester exams due to DC for review
January 14: PMOC Meetings
January 14 and 15: CAT North Exams
January 18: No School, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 19-22: Semester Exams Week.
January 21: Monthly Department Meeting
January 25: Schools Closed
January 26: No students, Teacher Work Day
January 27: Third Marking period begins.
Things to Know
1. Student-retakes for the Government and Biology HSA’s will be administered in January.
-The Government HSA will be on Monday, January 11th. The Biology HSA will take place on Tuesday, January 12th.
-Room assignments were emailed to your teachers and are posted outside of the testing office and in the media lobby. Please be sure you know when and where you are expected to report. Passes will be delivered to your 1st period teacher the morning of the exam.
2. Semester 2 Syllabi are due on Wednesday, January 20.
3. Teacher Course Recommendations are due in Power School by January 22. please refer to the instructions that were both e-mailed to you, and placed on the S drive.
4. AVID Recommendation forms are located next to the entrance door in the Social Studies office. If you feel a student could benefit from this program, please fill out a recommendation.
5. Administrative Walk-throughs will be focusing on the following topics for the rest of the semester:
Jan- Diverse Learners & D.I.
6. Hard copies of Second Quarter Exams are in. When you pick them up, please take an appropriate number for your classes, as very few extras are provided.
7. Make sure that the content teams are focusing on documents and written responses in order to prepare our students for success on the quarter 2 exam.
Monday, 4B is FLEXing
Tuesday is FINALS REVIEW
Wednesday is FINALS REVIEW
Thursday is FINALS REVIEW
Friday is FINALS REVIEW