Save the Date!
October 7-11: Homecoming/Spirit Week
October 8: ASVAB Testing (Interested Juniors and Seniors Only)
October 9: Eagle Club Meeting
October 12: LHS High School Homecoming
October 14-15: Fall Break No School for Students
October 15: Parent/Teacher Conference Day
October 17: Pre-ACT Test (Grade 10)
October 19: Beignet Bolt
October 21: Jostens Presentation for Seniors @ 10:4 5p.m.
October 21: College Financial Aid Night (Seniors Only)
October 26: Haunted House
Homecoming/Spirit Week: October 7-11
Casual Dress Guidelines
STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR THE FOLLOWING ATTIRE:
- Shorts above the knee two (2”)
- Shorts or pants with holes
- Halter tops or dresses
- Deep v-neck shirts
- Spaghetti strap shirts or dresses
- Sleeveless shirts (male & female)
- Hats unless specified by administration
- Vulgar or offensive shirts & jackets
The principal may exercise discretionary authority in the interpretation of the aforementioned rules and anything else which necessitates judgment as to what is and is not proper dress.
Parent Teacher Conference Day: October 15
College Financial Aid Night (Seniors and Parents) - October 21
The following items are needed to complete the FAFSA and should be brought to the event:
- Social Security Numbers (student and parents)
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Parents federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
Haunted House: October 26
Tickets will be sold in advance. Ticket prices and times are still being finalized. More information will be released soon.
Beignet Bolt: October 19
Families are encouraged to register for the race. Students who participate in the race will be allowed to wear their race day shirt to school. Other incentives will be offered, as well.
Students may use the code "summersover" for a discount when registering.
Thank you for your support!
New Volunteer & Chaperone Policy (IMPORTANT)
- The school district is now requiring all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to undergo a background check PRIOR to being able to volunteer for school activities and participate in field trips. All volunteers must also have a signed confidentiality agreement on file.
- Fingerprints may be done at the Pointe Coupee Parish Detention Center or the Louisiana State Police. If you decide to have your prints done at the detention center, there will be a 2-3 week wait before your background check is returned. Visit the Pointe Coupee Parish School Board for forms if you plan to have your prints done at the detention center.
- Background checks are returned immediately with the Louisiana State Police. The Louisiana State Police headquarters is located at 7919 Independence Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA.
- Click here to download the full volunteer packet & State Police forms.
- We truly appreciate and value all of our volunteers! Please remember that these steps are being taken for the safety of your child(ren).