The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending March 31st, 2023
In this Edition...
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families:
It has been another successful week at Aspire!
Families, check your testing calendar! We have a full week of state testing this upcoming week. Please have students come with their charged laptop, ear phones (not wireless), and a charger! We have had an amazing start to our testing so far- Thank you so much for making this happen for our school!
Thank you so very much to our families that have donated snacks for our scholars for testing days- your contributions make a huge difference. We truly thank you.
Full Time Aspire High school students: please be sure to fill out your course request. A link was shared with you earlier this week.
Student Expectations: Aspire students follow the same behavior expectations as all students in DVUSD. We adhere to the Students Rights & Responsibilities Handbook. Students should only use school technology for approved purposes. Students may not access social media through district Chromebooks.
Seniors: Please check your smore for important updates regarding graduation!
Students: Remember to check your Canvas courses for end dates and make sure your MYHOURS are up to date. Keep up the good work! Parents and students, part time registration will begin at the end of March - early April.
Yearbook deadline is approaching! See below for additional details!
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org.
Thank you for all of your hard work and showing how you are on F.I.R.E. Enjoy the weekend!
Spring State Testing ⚠️
State Testing continues....
Thank you students and families for your support during the first few weeks of testing!
Next week, we will start completing the ASAA & ACT assessments!
Make sure students get a good nights rest and have a hearty breakfast prior to dropping them off on test day! :)
Students should bring their charged Chromebook, as well as a pair of wired headphones!
Click the buttons below to view upcoming state assessments!
**If your student qualifies for small group testing - email communication was sent out from Dr. Victor regarding Small Group Testing Dates**
Remember that attendance is required!
If you have any questions regarding state testing, please email email@example.com.
THANK YOU! 🤩
Thank you to our families for the generous snack donations for testing!
🧡The Hamilton Family
💛Dario O.'s family
🧡Waylon J's family
Students are grateful for the brain fuel needed during their testing breaks!
This week at Aspire...🔴🟡🟠
Fourth graders wrote an Opinion Essay and Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Costello accepted the challenge of having a scorpion for a snack!
Kindness Rocks! 🥰
Thank you to students, families, and staff who participated in our Kindness Rocks event last night!
Students & families on Zoom & In-person painted rocks to spread kindness around our school and community!
Huge shout out to our PTSA and Mrs. G, our art teacher, for organizing this event!!
📷LAST CALL for Photos for Yearbook!! -- Upload by APRIL 2nd!
Do you have any personal pictures you would like included in the Yearbook? Spirit Day? First Day of School? Working on your schoolwork?
We would LOVE to include your personal photos!
Please upload your photos to the link: https://community.lifetouch.com/invite?code=ASPIRE-ON-FIRE-23
- *You may need to create an account with Lifetouch.
- *All photos will be reviewed by the yearbook advisor.
Did you miss picture day this year or did you transfer to Aspire after picture day?
- Your photo can still be included in the yearbook! Please take a headshot and upload to the link to be included in this years yearbook.
- All photos need to be uploaded by April 2nd to be included.
⚕️Permission to Carry Medicine
- Parents, if your student needs to carry medicine (inhaler, epi-pen, insulin) please request a copy of the "Permission to Carry Medicine" form from our front office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students must have this on file in order to access/use medicine on our campus!
📚Device & Q4 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
- Monday - Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM
- If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
- Remember to complete DreamBox/Amplify/No Red Ink for a chance to have lunch delivered by Dr. Victor!
- This is for any K-8 full-time Aspire Student!
Aspire Clubs 🎵🎨
No Jump Rope Club - April 5th!
- Jump Role Club is CANCELLED on April 5th!
Middle School Reminders😎
Middle School In-Person Support: Changes During State Testing
- Teachers will be available for in-person support in the afternoon on testing days (Thurs. April 6th, Wed. April 12th, & Thurs. April 13th).
- Students can stay at the Innovation Center after testing is over for additional help in their classes.
- Students need to bring a lunch if they are planning to stay for in-person support and should be picked up by 3:30.
- There will be no in-person support available on Tues. April 4th and Tues. April 11th due to testing at other grade levels.
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
Attention Seniors! 🎓
LAST CALL FOR SENIOR ADS
- Last call for Senior Ads! It's not too late to purchase an add to be included in the yearbook. To purchase a yearbook or purchase a senior ad, follow this link:
- https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectTask code: 14473123
- Ads are available for purchase until 3/31, deadline to order a yearbook is 4/7/23.
- Any questions, contact Mrs. Utter at email@example.com
Seal of Biliteracy
Seniors who speak Spanish fluently can apply for the Arizona State Seal of Biliteracy, which would be added to their High School Diploma. Seniors do not have to be enrolled in a Spanish course in order to apply.
Seniors who are interested, click here to fill out to the Google Form by April 1st!
This week during PLC:
- K-6 teachers are working with each other for vertical articulation opportunities.
- 7-12 teachers are continuing to review the National Standards for Quality Online Courses, and making adjustments to their courses based on student data and need.
What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
PTSA: Parent Teacher Student Association
Thank you PTSA - we had such a successful Kindness Rock Event! Students and families online and in-person created beautiful rocks to spread throughout our community!
Not a PTSA member? Come see what other exciting events and activities we have planned!
Next General meeting: April 26th
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/89986530774 .
Next Executive meeting: April 12th
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/89986530774 .
Use the QR Code to join!
Individual Membership $6
Business Membership $25
Birthday Shout-Outs 🥳
Want to wish your child a "Happy Birthday" on the Aspire Announcements? Click the button above to complete the Birthday Shout Out form!