Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #32
April 9, 2021
- March 15th-May 25th: ACCESS 2.0 for ELs Assessment Window
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment Window (3rd-5th Grade)
- Thursday, April 15th: Virtual Learning Supply Pick-up 7:30am-3:30pm
- Saturday, April 17th: Virtual Pinewood Derby (information below)
- Week of April 26th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment (3rd-5th Grade)
A Message From the Office
Parents of 1st-5th graders should have been able to access 3rd quarter grades on Home Access Center (HAC) as of Wednesday. If you don't know your password, please contact the office at 630-301-5002 and we will assist you!
We have started making calls to families that haven't yet registered for the 21-22 school year. If you haven't yet done so, please take a moment to register your child(ren) for next year. Need help? CLICK HERE
If you have questions regarding registration in West Aurora, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are two weeks into the fourth and final quarter and there is still a lot of school remaining. Regardless of which method your child is learning, thank you for all the support you have given to your child and his/her teacher(s). We've all had to adapt in some capacity.
As a reminder, in the event you or someone in the home develops Covid-like symptoms, please make sure you are communicating this information with Mrs. Bartell in the health office at 630-301-5138.
Updated Quarter 4 Plans
- Kindergarten through 5th-grade students in the Blended Learning Experience will return to in-person instruction five days a week started on Wednesday, April 7th.
- Students enrolled in full-day Pre-K programs at our elementary buildings will continue with the current blended model through the end of the school year.
- There will be no additional opportunities for students to change learning modes for virtual or in-person learning.
In-Person Learning Updates
- Daily health screener needs to be completed five days a week by 8:00am as students will be in-person Monday through Friday.
- Lunch will take place in the classroom and the cafeteria. To allow for 6 feet distance while students are eating, some students will be eating the cafeteria. Cafeteria tables will be clearly marked for distanced spots where students can eat.
Warmer Weather- Playground Usage
Also, for the safety of our students, we do ask that no non-Freeman students or families are on the playground while our students are on during their instructional day. This includes our PreK classes who are outside in the morning and at the end of the day (their dismissal time is after K-5 students) as well as during the recess timeframe. If the playground is free during school hours, you are welcome to play on it.
Please call the office with any questions at 630-301-5002.
Updated Information on State Assessments
- ACCESS for ELs testing begain the week of March 15th and is almost complete. Testing will be completed after Spring break. This is for English Language Learner students only.
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR): 3rd through 5th grade students will participate in a total of six tests in the areas of Math and English Language Arts. Due to the schedule changes with students returning to full in person learning, IAR testing has been rescheduled to the week of April 26th. A letter with more details will be sent out soon.
Please make sure students bring their charged Ipad or Chromebook and headphones to school daily.
Freeman WILL have a YEARBOOK this year!
Yearbooks for this 2020–2021 school year are on sale now!
1) You can order directly online at Lifetouch (school code: 12943521), OR
2) Use the downloadable version of the ordering flyer (see below)
Families who are unable to participate in an in-person Lifetouch portrait sitting can use "Snaps at Home" to have a portrait picture created with the gray Lifetouch background to be used in the yearbook as well. Click here to get started, lifetouch.com/picture-day-snaps-at-home.
LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOK:
Last year's yearbook can still be picked up in the office!
If you still want a 2019–2020 yearbook, they are available in the office for $20 ea. as well (supply is limited).
If you were on the reserve list to purchase last year's book, your book is waiting for you at the office with your name on it. Just bring the $20!
Pinewood Derby open to ALL Freeman students!
Cub Scout Pack 312 would like to invite every Freeman student to join us for our Virtual Pinewood Derby on Saturday April 17!
This includes every virtual student with a Freeman teacher, no matter what your home school you attend.
If you need a car kit, you can pick up a kit for $5 at the Naperville Scout shop at 4s100 Rt. 59 Naperville, IL 60563, or contact Jen Cresse (text preferred) at 815-793-2674.
We also have some car kits that have been donated if purchasing a car is an issue.
The cars come as a block of wood, and 4 wheels and nails. The challenge is turning it into a car. If you need help turning the wood into a car, the Naperville Scout shop will be hosting a few opportunities to cut the wood into a shape.
More details about how to drop off your car will be coming soon.
Please see attached flier for rules. If your car does not meet the guidelines when you drop it off, we will have help available to get it to work!
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.