Amber Brown, Julie Lewis
- Commonly called the Cannonball Jellyfish
- Most abundant in the southeastern United States and the Gulf Coast
- usually around 23.1 degrees C and on average the water salinity is 33.8 ppt.
- height of 12.7 cm and a width of 18.0 cm.
- several different color schemes, including milky blue or yellow, with or without a border of brown pigment.
- 16 short, forked fused orals arms instead of the normal tentacles.
- uses stinging nematocysts
- harvested for food mainly in Asia
- they are fairly innocuous to humans and do not cause much damage. Rarely, the sting can lead to cardiac problems.